Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Minecraft

  1. #71
    Senior Kasune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Awesome! Glad you got it working!

    You really don't have to draw me anything either. I'm just happy to help. :3
    Ah, so I ran into ONE obstacle. 3:
    I can run the server just fine, but my friends can't connect for some reason.
    Our hamachi server is working just fine but for some reason none of my friends can log on.

    EDIT: Nevermind, googled it. It was my firewall. It works now!
    Last edited by Kasune; 08-14-2012 at 05:01 PM.

  2. #72
    Regular oneandonly's Avatar
    Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    Ah, so I ran into ONE obstacle. 3:
    I can run the server just fine, but my friends can't connect for some reason.
    Our hamachi server is working just fine but for some reason none of my friends can log on.
    That sounds a lot like Window's firewall. If you are behind a router, then turning it off shouldn't be a problem. See if that fixes it.

    Whoops, didn't see the edit.
    Last edited by oneandonly; 08-14-2012 at 05:07 PM.

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    Ah, so I ran into ONE obstacle. 3:
    I can run the server just fine, but my friends can't connect for some reason.
    Our hamachi server is working just fine but for some reason none of my friends can log on.

    EDIT: Nevermind, googled it. It was my firewall. It works now!
    Paulsaursjr on youtube had a good port forwarding tutorial.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

  4. #74
    Senior Kasune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    Paulsaursjr on youtube had a good port forwarding tutorial.
    No worries, I fixed it.
    I'd port forward, but my mother and stepfather are like, really anal about the router. They claim port forwarding is letting viruses in and that hamachi does too. :l
    But I use it against their will anyway.

  5. #75
    Regular oneandonly's Avatar
    Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    No worries, I fixed it.
    I'd port forward, but my mother and stepfather are like, really anal about the router. They claim port forwarding is letting viruses in and that hamachi does too. :l
    But I use it against their will anyway.
    Lol, my parents used to be that way too. Lucky for me though, they have never had to mess with the router, so I just changed the password to something they don't know. Besides, whenever something goes wrong, I'm always the one who gets called in to fix it. At least it's something I enjoy though.

  6. #76
    Last edited by Kazekai; 08-16-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

  7. #77
    Resident Khajiit Ibuuyk's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,250
    I just switched to a better host since my server keeps growing, I smell fun times ahead!

  8. #78
    My brother actually found that between his computer and his connection he can host a server with the capacity of 36 people. But I'm a little shy to share it with others right now, I just thought it's amazing because it seems like more than the third-party hosts provide. o:

  9. #79
    Junior Cybe's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Cyberiano
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    7

  10. #80
    Retired Staff Tiger's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    grrl
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    No worries, I fixed it.
    I'd port forward, but my mother and stepfather are like, really anal about the router. They claim port forwarding is letting viruses in and that hamachi does too. :l
    But I use it against their will anyway.
    Did you use Windows 7's firewall? I portforwarded my router, bought a program for it, spoke to AT&T and still my friend cannot connect. ._.' Is there a particular setting to change in the firewall?

    And Cybe. That is WAY awesome! I love how creative Minecraft lets people be. How long did that take you to make?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •