Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Minecraft

I've done it all really. Everything from the 256x super HD packs to the hand drawn ones that look pretty neat. None of them has ever struck me, something always tends to be off and it bugs the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjo View Post
    I've done it all really. Everything from the 256x super HD packs to the hand drawn ones that look pretty neat. None of them has ever struck me, something always tends to be off and it bugs the hell out of me.
    Usually, I feel that way about "8 bit" packs. They're either the same copypasted texture recolored or they barely have any details on them. Same with "minimalist" packs, really. I'm not sure how anyone can get by with those without someone calling them out.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

I went and started a little teensy private-ish server with my friend yesterday after buying a new PC.

We installed Tekkit and I'm just waiting for her to get back from work now so we can fiddle around with it.

Although actually I've been playing single-player too and I installed the Technic pack there and just

Wow

There are SO MANY THINGS TO DO. It feels like I've gotten a whole new game as compared to the xbox version I've been playing.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Since this is a minecraft discussion thread, and you guys are more experienced with servers than I am from the looks of it, I've got a question! Google hasn't been successful in giving me the answer, so.

My friend and I were on our server and he mentioned that there's no /home command (to teleport to your spawn point/bed). And no mods, either- he mentioned things would be easier if the server had WorldEdit.

I have no idea how to edit commands and mods on the server! Does anyone know how to do this, or is it not possible? If anyone knows I would really appreciate some pointers.

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    Since this is a minecraft discussion thread, and you guys are more experienced with servers than I am from the looks of it, I've got a question! Google hasn't been successful in giving me the answer, so.

My friend and I were on our server and he mentioned that there's no /home command (to teleport to your spawn point/bed). And no mods, either- he mentioned things would be easier if the server had WorldEdit.

I have no idea how to edit commands and mods on the server! Does anyone know how to do this, or is it not possible? If anyone knows I would really appreciate some pointers.
    Bukkit. From personal experience, this is the easiest server to add plugins to.

When you get that server set up and run it for the first time, you will see a new folder come up named plugins. I recommend Essentials
    It has commands like:
    /time day/night/dawn/dusk
    /spawn (Brings you to your spawn point
    /setspawn (Sets the spawn to a new point)
    /jail <name> <jailname> (After you use /setjail <jailname> in a jail you have made, lets you jail people)
    and much more

With many of these commands though, you will need to set permissions for different groups. A good permission handler is PEX.

Also, if you need any help setting it up, I have an edited permission file, just copy the PermissionsEX folder to your Plugins folder and add your minecraft name to the admin account under permissions.yml and you should be good to go.

Here's WorldEdit, but I wouldn't recommend giving it to just anyone. The permissions in the file above are set up to give it to Admins and Moderators only, as it lets you edit large amounts of the world at once.

If you want mods, just download Tekkit. It uses the Bukkit server as a base so all the plugins above will work with it. Tekkit has so many mods it can keep you busy for days just learning about whats in it. Of course, you will need the Technic launcher to play on it, but it's pretty nifty too.
    Last edited by oneandonly; 08-14-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Note that most mods that edit the server.jar are not compatible with Bukkit.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Bukkit. From personal experience, this is the easiest server to add plugins to.

When you get that server set up and run it for the first time, you will see a new folder come up named plugins. I recommend Essentials
    It has commands like:
    /time day/night/dawn/dusk
    /spawn (Brings you to your spawn point
    /setspawn (Sets the spawn to a new point)
    /jail <name> <jailname> (After you use /setjail <jailname> in a jail you have made, lets you jail people)
    and much more

With many of these commands though, you will need to set permissions for different groups. A good permission handler is PEX.

Also, if you need any help setting it up, I have an edited permission file, just copy the PermissionsEX folder to your Plugins folder and add your minecraft name to the admin account under permissions.yml and you should be good to go.

Here's WorldEdit, but I wouldn't recommend giving it to just anyone. The permissions in the file above are set up to give it to Admins and Moderators only, as it lets you edit large amounts of the world at once.

If you want mods, just download Tekkit. It uses the Bukkit server as a base so all the plugins above will work with it. Tekkit has so many mods it can keep you busy for days just learning about whats in it. Of course, you will need the Technic launcher to play on it, but it's pretty nifty too.
    WOAH. Thank you so much, you're the best. I didn't expect an answer like this and I really appreciate the effort/explanations. I'll be backing up a copy of my server so I don't mess it up, just in case. XD

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    WOAH. Thank you so much, you're the best. I didn't expect an answer like this and I really appreciate the effort/explanations. I'll be backing up a copy of my server so I don't mess it up, just in case. XD
    Of course!
    If you run into any trouble just let me know.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Of course!
    If you run into any trouble just let me know.
    Got it to work with no issues. <3
    Essentials is fantastic, it's exactly what my server needed. Thank you so much for your help! If I can draw you anything quick let me know. ;D

Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Got it to work with no issues. <3
    Essentials is fantastic, it's exactly what my server needed. Thank you so much for your help! If I can draw you anything quick let me know. ;D
    Awesome! Glad you got it working!

You really don't have to draw me anything either. I'm just happy to help. :3