Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Second Life?

  1. #1
    Junior hadri's Avatar
    Weasyl
    hadri
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    17

    Second Life?

    So...just cause I'm curious...
    Who on here has (and uses lol) Second Life?

    What're your favourite avatar brands and sims? c:

    Personally, I really like Bobtails' mods and the Curious brand, as well as Aventity. As for sims...well, I'm looking for fun places to hang out. You tell me!

  2. #2
    I've heard a lot about Second Life, but I've never actually tried it.

    What exactly do you do in it?

  3. #3
    Appaloosa Horsegirl GingerM's Avatar
    Weasyl
    GingerM
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by hadri View Post
    So...just cause I'm curious...
    Who on here has (and uses lol) Second Life?

    What're your favourite avatar brands and sims? c:

    Personally, I really like Bobtails' mods and the Curious brand, as well as Aventity. As for sims...well, I'm looking for fun places to hang out. You tell me!
    I tend to use bits and pieces from different avatars to make my own; it's one reason I won't buy no-mod, no-copy items. I like to be able to tweak them. As for sims... sort of depends on what I'm doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syfaro View Post
    I've heard a lot about Second Life, but I've never actually tried it.

    What exactly do you do in it?
    Whatever you feel like doing. Want to drive an Indy race car? you can buy one and race it on a virtual race track. Want to go clubbing? There's all kinds of clubs, with as many different themes as there are people. It goes without saying that cybering is a popular pastime in SL. And there's always building and scripting things...
    FA: GINGERM | RHIANNON ~ SOFURRY ~ FUTANARI PALACE ~ RENDEROTICA
    WEASYL ~ DEVIANTART ~ HENTAI FOUNDRY ~ WIKIFUR
    Live life to the fullest, love with a full heart.


  4. #4
    <3 Aku & Toothpick Verona's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Verona
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    148
    I use SL a lot

  5. #5
    Wanderbutt Taesolieroy's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Taeso
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    33
    I actually help manage one of the clubs on SL. I'm not so active as I once was due to work and crunch of commissions, but I'm 'reappearing' to deck out the club for Halloween like I did last year.

    Lately I've been making my own avatars and have been running around as a homemade raptor anthro, skullhond (was originally just going to be a skull creature but Maya wasn't cooperating properly back then), or a hybrid parrot-horse depending on my mood. If I want to go for size and a specific flight style, I'll use the Grendels Avarian Dragon/Wyvern which I'll be eventually getting around to overhaul-modding the sculpt parts of the av into my own design. This doesn't mean I take commissions for avs or skins though ;P too much copyright issues and too little time as invariably someone wants an av that say, looks like Derp, is based off of key sculpts of theirs, but DIFFERENT while using those base sculpts - ah, NO, that's just unethical and plain rude to meself and the Derp people. You commission for a specific style, not a rip-off ^_^
    *Art is like telling a story with your emotions. If you can get yourself lost in the image's emotions and tale, chances are your peers will experience the same.*
    WARNING: This user is known to post in paragraphs - you have been advised!

  6. #6
    Premium User Oly's Avatar
    Weasyl
    oly
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    edmonton
    Gender
    NB/male leaning
    Posts
    307
    I am on there, but god only knows why. :U

    I mostly idle at my home because I've never really found any places that offer good conversation consistently.

    and honestly I don't like most avs, but can't manage to finish my mesh one because it's crazy hard, so I'm stuck with an av I dont' like all that much x3

    Although at least mesh is way easier and less dumb as hell than sculpts >...<
    I tried for about two or three years to make sculpts unsuccessfully.

  7. #7
    Junior hadri's Avatar
    Weasyl
    hadri
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Syfaro View Post
    I've heard a lot about Second Life, but I've never actually tried it.

    What exactly do you do in it?
    It seems to be essentially like Furcadia (played briefly) or IMVU (never played), but with better graphics, really. xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Taesolieroy View Post
    I actually help manage one of the clubs on SL. I'm not so active as I once was due to work and crunch of commissions, but I'm 'reappearing' to deck out the club for Halloween like I did last year.
    Ohhh...that's really cool! c: Could I ask which one it is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    I am on there, but god only knows why. :U

    I mostly idle at my home because I've never really found any places that offer good conversation consistently.
    Yeaaahhh...I know how that can be. xD

  8. #8
    Regular ali's Avatar
    Weasyl
    ali
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    under a rock ☆~(ゝ。∂)
    Posts
    52
    ohhhh sl.. i have a love/hate relationship with it, and take a hiatus from it every so often and come back when i'm bored only to find out i'm still bored because there's not enough good places to chat with people, or none that i can find 8( i used to stop coming on because it was laggy as hell, but phoenix viewer fixed that, so i played with my bffls for like a week

    i just work on avatars forever until i get bored and/or frustrated~ mind you, i don't do any meshing/sculpting but i do make my own mods and try to get my characters as accurate as possible. really like curious' avs too, and some brands of hairs i forget haha :3

    maybe we can have a huge weasyl oriented room on there and chill~

  9. #9
    I'm in the military community, which means not people in the IRL military, but people who join SL militaries and do FPS combat. It's a surprisingly big community and it beats just standing around talking so I could give more info on it if anyone's interested.

  10. #10
    I tried it for a while but threw it down and went back to Furcadia after the script was too hard to learn. If I can't make my own stuff in a sandbox game, I get frustrated and quit pretty fast, the exception being Minecraft. I don't play Furc anymore either really, if I'm going to endure the torture of programming, it'll be for a relevant project.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •