Looking to get back into RPing...

I haven't RPed anything good in YEARS. I've always been stuck doing Pokemon-canine pack RPs and it's gotten really boring for me. I would love to try different things and I'm quite flexible with options. The only problem with me is that I end up being too busy with college assignments and making sure I get nothing lower than a B. Fun stuff. >3<

I prefer original RPs as I can never RP in a fandom too well. It's just uncomfortable for me (especially RPing an actual character from a fandom like say, Hinata from Naruto). I have made fan chars but I can never RP them because there's no suitable site or person to RP with or I don't know the series well enough to get into (like Digimon, Homestuck, and Star Wars).

Most of my chars are anthro/furry and human and I need to solidify their backstories and stuff! I want to keep away from feral RPs (like Warriors, wolf packs, etc.) as that's where most of my experience comes from. And non-sexual RPs would be wonderful for once.

I just want something that will keep me in the RP community. I've burned myself out already due to the type of RPs I've done and I need to find better people to RP with...

I'm not picky with how to RP though PMs and email would probably be better for me. I've done forum-based posts and I don't honestly feel up to doing that...I'm just looking for something different to try for once that can ignite this spark I once called muse.
    Last edited by Dspki; 10-11-2012 at 06:35 PM.

I'd be very interested in rping a non sexual anthro rp. The only reason I haven't gotten into anthro/furry rp is because I didn't want to do any sexual rp. ^^' How much do you usually type a post? I personally don't mind how much, but I personally don't type up huge *over 700 word* posts that often, and find it pretty stressful to do so. If you're okay with that, I'd love to talk about rping with you more, either here or over PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acidrica View Post
    I personally don't mind how much, but I personally don't type up huge *over 700 word* posts that often, and find it pretty stressful to do so.
    I'm the same way. I usually type at least 2 good paragraphs, maybe more. Roughly 300 words minimum I want to say? But yeah, I can't handle the expectation of posting 700 words a post. It is stressful indeed...sucks the joy out of writing. I can't ever compare with people who make like, 10 paragraphs worth of content in one post. It makes me feel like I have to compete with them...I just want something simple to work with.

There was a list of characters here but it has updated since then. Contact me for the updated list if interested.
    Last edited by Dspki; 02-23-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Weasyl
    Shimmi
    Baah I was debating whether to be brave and reply but you know what? I'm gonna go for it xD

What you've mentioned seems similar to me, I've done quite a few RPs with wild animals before and looking to develop my character Shimmi a little more. Although, I would prefer to literally just start to RP with a few base rules and then see how it goes from there, rather than setting a big environment and story up to RP around. However, if something (an idea, a world) develops then I totally don't mind seeing where that goes.

Sorry if that sounds more confusing than I intended xD
    Hey! Feel free to message me, I like to get to know people :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmi View Post
    Baah I was debating whether to be brave and reply but you know what? I'm gonna go for it xD

What you've mentioned seems similar to me, I've done quite a few RPs with wild animals before and looking to develop my character Shimmi a little more. Although, I would prefer to literally just start to RP with a few base rules and then see how it goes from there, rather than setting a big environment and story up to RP around. However, if something (an idea, a world) develops then I totally don't mind seeing where that goes.

Sorry if that sounds more confusing than I intended xD
    ...I totally forgot I made this thread. Whoops! I don't lurk around these forums as often as I like. XD; Thank goodness for email notifications!

Anyways, I'm totally down for some simple RPing (like making a small setting and go from there). I changed quite a bit of my characters since that last post so I'm more than happy to share what I have as of now and see what we can do.

You're more than welcome to send me a PM either here or on the site itself. :3

Weasyl
    Shimmi
    Ah crap! I didn't look at the date! Ha ha I feel foolish xD I guess it's easier to go on the site, I check that more often and perhaps you do too!
    Hey! Feel free to message me, I like to get to know people :3

No worries, like I said, thank goodness for email notifications! x3

So yeah, feel free to send a PM or message on the site and I'll get back to you! Just a fair warning, I'm dealing with school work so responses will be somewhat slow.

Weasyl
    Dark
    Quote Originally Posted by Dspki View Post
    And non-sexual RPs would be wonderful for once.
    http://www.zejroleplaying.org/thread...riginal-arknet
    http://www.zejroleplaying.org/thread...k-n-e-t-signup
    http://www.zejroleplaying.org/thread...alaxy-enslaved

Thank me later. :>

E: Reading the posts in this thread, there's no need to worry about supposed expectations at ZEJ. Hell, we have people who write a few lines there. Just as long as it's written well, easy to understand and of a relatively moderate (see some of my posts for an idea. very few people there write massive posts ) length, you're probably fine.
    Last edited by Dark; 02-23-2013 at 09:14 PM.