Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Who on earth would put ball gags in the General category? Did you really just say that?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #32
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by fulgens View Post
    Who on earth would put ball gags in the General category? Did you really just say that?
    Not sure if you were referring to my post on page one, however, ball gags absolutely are not acceptable in the General category:

That bit refers more to things like a ball gag and other types of sex toys/gear. It allows for characters to be depicted wearing things such as a rope harness without being grouped into the Explicit category, while characters wearing gear such as ball gags will not be placed in the General category.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendikins View Post
    They're correct. Possibly a little terse, but correct nonetheless.
    Correct about what though?
    I still have no idea what is going on or the use/point of this Characters gallery.
    I feel like I'm just being messed with at this point, so forget it.
    I'll deal with it myself, just like everything else here I've asked for help on.
    I don't know why I even bother anymore.

Anubis, it's everyone else that's tiptoeing around you right now. These guys actually did practically all that they could to help you. Don't you have at least a little gratitude, for the guy that fancied up the screenshots for you just in order to "bite your head off?". Their responses were direct and to the point - if you consider that to be biting your head off, then how are you not offended by everybody all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Not sure if you were referring to my post on page one, however, ball gags absolutely are not acceptable in the General category:
    Sorry, my mistake. BTW, 4 pages is really not much here.
    Last edited by fulgens; 07-23-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Weasyl
    Furrhan
    Thanks for clarifying that, Tiger.
    I think that could definitely be made more clear in the new guidelines though. I think the way it's worded currently is going to cause some confusion, as you've just seen.

And again, why is drug usage permissible in the General category?
    Frostwood Forever! <3

Weasyl
    angrily-brusk-howls
    Is this some kinda joke?? Drug use, genital bulges, and giant breasts in the general category?? I can no longer link to this website on the main forum that I use because unlike your "General" category, it actually has standards and doesn't allow things that aren't safe for everyone.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #37
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by AngrilyBruskHowls View Post
    Is this some kinda joke?? Drug use, genital bulges, and giant breasts in the general category?? I can no longer link to this website on the main forum that I use because unlike your "General" category, it actually has standards and doesn't allow things that aren't safe for everyone.
    I think there is a bit of misunderstanding here.

- In regards to drugs in the General category, it's things like a character smoking a cigarette, or a joke about marijuana, etc. The General category will not allow depictions of drugs such as heroin, cocaine, or any sort of drug paraphernalia such as a bong. That stuff remains in the 18+ category.

- In regards to genital bulges, there will not be any sort of genitalia that will be either well-defined or partly (and of course, never wholly) visible. The only type of bulge permissible is a rounded shape. If the bulge shows any sign of the actual genitalia underneath, it's going to be rated 18+.

- EDIT for clarification:In regards to "giant breasts", there will be submissions that have emphasis on the buttocks/mammary region. There will not be prominently defined nipples, lactation, or depictions of mammaries in graphic sexual situations. Jokes about boobs are fine, characters that are busty are fine, etc.

There will not be hardcore drug use, graphic sexual acts, defined or visible genitalia, etc. in the General category. Everything that was in the Moderate category was deemed acceptable for users that are 13 years old, which is the minimum age requirement to use the site. Our youngest users will not have access to content that they would not have had access to before the merge.

As with every time we've made changes to the Guidelines in the past, we're going to monitor how they impact the community over the next couple of months and make further changes from there. If you see a submission rated incorrectly, please report the submission and staff will look into the issue and re-rate accordingly.

We always welcome suggestions from the Weasyl community- if you think there's a specific line that needs to be re-worded, or that something is missing (or needs to be removed), we're very much open to hearing opinions and sharing experiences.
    Last edited by Tiger; 07-27-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Weasyl
    Furrhan
    Okay. That sounds much better. Thanks for the clarification, Tiger.
    Might I suggest this is made more clear in the guidelines too?
    Especially since, unlike what you've just said, the guidelines do explicitly say that use of marijuana and other drugs are allowed in the General category.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratings Guidelines
    May include incidental or comedic use of drugs such as marijuana, sativa, hallucinogens or prescription drugs.
    This definitely needs clarification on the Ratings page itself to save headaches both for your staff and the community.

And, by the way, I still object to the word "comedic", but then I am biased as I have had one friend killed and another sent to prison as a result of drugs.
    Last edited by Furrhan; 07-28-2017 at 05:09 AM.
    Frostwood Forever! <3

Looking good, I'm pleased to see the bulk of these changes.

I do have one concern, pertaining to item I.C.7:
    Adoptables, Auction, and Raffle Reminders: It is acceptable to post reminder submissions, however any reminder may only be posted one time every 24 hours. There is no limit on the amount of individual auctions a user can have open at one time. Uploading a reminder, deleting it, and re-uploading it multiple times in 24 hours or less is considered a violation. In addition, any submission that falls under this rule must be tagged with "reminder".
    Requiring a reminder tag as part of the rules seems like it may cause the same problem the Moderate category did- people operating under reasonable general assumptions breaking the letter of the law, and getting upset over 'arbitrary' rules when action is taken against them.

As far as I can tell, this is the only point in the rules where a tag is explicitly required- the tagging section simply asks the user to add tags as a courtesy and as an important exposure tool. The tag box on the submission page doesn't have reminder text warning about this rule. So generally, the only people who will follow this rule are users who have actually read the rules in depth enough to catch that they need to have this specific tag on this specific kind of submission.

The rest of the rule looks great, but my feeling is that if someone posts a reminder in a fashion that's otherwise allowed by the site, missing the "reminder" tag shouldn't be an infraction. Or else, some site redesign may be in order to make the requirement clear upon submitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Oap, caught another thing, regarding the new item II.D.2:

Screenshots that are largely/completely comprised of content from a video game are not permissible as submissions in main galleries. Such images are permissible in character galleries, provided only one screenshot is used per character. This rule applies to images made with character generators as well.
    As written, I'm confused as to whether this supersedes II.D.1, and forbids game developers from submitting screenshots that are largely/completely comprised of content from a video game that they themselves have created. If I made everything in the screenshot, but it's a video game, can I post it? If so, II.D.2 might need a slight wording tweak.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #40
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Furrhan View Post
    Okay. That sounds much better. Thanks for the clarification, Tiger.
    Might I suggest this is made more clear in the guidelines too?
    Especially since, unlike what you've just said, the guidelines do explicitly say that use of marijuana and other drugs are allowed in the General category.

This definitely needs clarification on the Ratings page itself to save headaches both for your staff and the community.

And, by the way, I still object to the word "comedic", but then I am biased as I have had one friend killed and another sent to prison as a result of drugs.
    Marijuana and prescription drugs aren't really the type of thing that we'd rate in the Mature category. Mature would be more for things like heroin, cocaine, krokodil, etc. For the hallucinogens...I think it could go either way. Hence why we have the use of the words "comedic" and then "abuse" to separate General and Mature.

My condolences to hear about your friends. I understand where you're coming from; I've met quite a few people who have struggled with substance abuse, and it's not an easy thing at all, for all parties involved (heck, I now have an IRL job that frequently involves clients with substance abuse difficulties). As far as Weasyl goes, I wasn't staff when the very first Ratings Guidelines draft was written, but I can assure you that there were no ill intentions meant when the word "comedic" was chosen to describe how drugs are rated in the General (formerly Moderate) category.

Quote Originally Posted by Axikita View Post
    Looking good, I'm pleased to see the bulk of these changes.

I do have one concern, pertaining to item I.C.7:

Requiring a reminder tag as part of the rules seems like it may cause the same problem the Moderate category did- people operating under reasonable general assumptions breaking the letter of the law, and getting upset over 'arbitrary' rules when action is taken against them.

As far as I can tell, this is the only point in the rules where a tag is explicitly required- the tagging section simply asks the user to add tags as a courtesy and as an important exposure tool. The tag box on the submission page doesn't have reminder text warning about this rule. So generally, the only people who will follow this rule are users who have actually read the rules in depth enough to catch that they need to have this specific tag on this specific kind of submission.

The rest of the rule looks great, but my feeling is that if someone posts a reminder in a fashion that's otherwise allowed by the site, missing the "reminder" tag shouldn't be an infraction. Or else, some site redesign may be in order to make the requirement clear upon submitting.
    I agree with you, and I'll make sure the rest of the mod team sees this as well. At the moment, doing some coding to bring attention to the tag requirement under I.C.7 is pretty much out of the question, but we can absolutely bring it in as a moderation policy.

- - - Updated - - -

Oap, caught another thing, regarding the new item II.D.2:

As written, I'm confused as to whether this supersedes II.D.1, and forbids game developers from submitting screenshots that are largely/completely comprised of content from a video game that they themselves have created. If I made everything in the screenshot, but it's a video game, can I post it? If so, II.D.2 might need a slight wording tweak.
    Game developers are absolutely welcome to submit their content! If they created the video game and the models and such, they're fully welcome to upload it. II.D.2 is meant to address things like World of Warcraft screenshots, Minecraft screenshots, Second Life screenshots, etc. Staff was having quite a rough time with things like Second Life, where people would buy different content from different makers/artists and put it on their avatar and not credit the original artist in the screenshot, and then we'd have to request the user to credit the artists, and they'd not remember any of them, then....yeah, the process was long and painful.

You've made a good point here, though, and I'll bring this up with the mod team as well, and see if we can make the wording a bit more clear.
    Last edited by Tiger; 07-28-2017 at 06:35 PM. Reason: fixing the quote box