Register
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I rarely come on here, but I do have to chime in that removing the moderate category was breaking something that didn't need to be fixed.
    I'd have to agree with this, but I won't push the opinion further, seeing as any points I can think of have already been made.

What I did come here to ask about was the new outlook on video game screenshots. I don't always post screenshots, but when I do, they focus on something unique that I created in the game. I can understand that you don't want people posting random pictures of a video game's landscape, because no matter how artistic the screenshot itself looks, everything it features is content created and manipulated by the game's creators.
    But at the same time, some people out there use free-form games like Minecraft (for lack of a better example, and because I myself play it) to create amazing visual art. So, as for the question I referred to earlier: why are video game screenshots as an artform no longer allowed to be submitted to Weasyl?

I never use this forum but I logged on to voice my opinion that removing the Moderate category was a huge mistake. Why the heck would you remove that?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I find it odd that a site that tried to distinguish itself from Fur Affinity would try to be more in line with its (FA's) rating system (which is pretty nonsensical).

Weasyl
    XP
    You're just more space debris...

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I think the increasing amount of spam left around on the forums, lack of response and inactivity in general has shown this site is pretty much dead.

Weasyl
    MLR
    Gonna' be honest, but I can't disagree with that sentiment. At most I feel like Weasyl is trundling along at a constant, very sleepy level. Seems as though everybody's gone back to FA, and now people just use this as a backup and check in only at long, irregular intervals.

Any plans for Halloween this year, staff?

Weasyl
    Tiger
    The site has significantly slowed down. It's pretty painful to admit that it's gotten to this point but, well, it has.

I'm holding out hope that there are plans to move the site forward and that it'll pick up again. It's a small bit of hope, but it's there.

Best wishes to current staff. (Also, hi Frank. Best wishes to you, too.)

Tiger says HELLO

Weasyl
    MLR
    Hi Tiger. Good lord, when did you retire from staff? If you're out now too, that's a pretty big nail in the coffin....

I'd go back to posting on FA myself, but they pissed me off too much. Guess I'll just stick around here and hope something eventually happens. But it's going to need to be big to get this place going again. Lots of new moderation staff hired and trained, an advertising push to remind everyone it's still around and what changes have occurred, effort put into creating an actual community atmosphere, maybe some new features to truly differentiate it from other sites to make it competitive again (and of course, that last point requires a larger number of active devs). Such things are technically possible. I'll leave it at that.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Been retired since the end of August. It was a really hard decision to make, but I was just so burned out. I still ache a bit when I think about it. There's a really great team on staff, and I've no doubt in their ability to make the site succeed. It's just a matter of getting the content pushed and keeping the community engaged and active.

Tiger says HELLO

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I have no intentions of going back as FA is cluttered like DA. I have moved on to tumblr, instagram...when I can post. I'm busy with work now.