Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Weasyl
    NovaCaine

Community Guidelines/Ratings changes and Discussion

Hello everyone!

In today’s newspost, we have a big update, so grab your favorite egg and buckle in for some good stuff!

As stated in our previous site update, we’ve been working on the Community Guidelines and Ratings Guidelines
    As the site progresses, its rules and policies progress as well. This progression is based both on staff experiences and user feedback.
    The changes are as follows:

Community Guidelines:

• Existing item I.C.3 has been removed due to redundancy.
    • Existing item I.C.6 (now I.C.5) now includes character submissions and journals.
    • Existing item I.C.7 (now I.C.6) allows for generated content in character galleries (limited to one image per character).
    • New item I.C.7 has been added. This allows for artists to post reminders about auctions, YCH works, and raffles under certain conditions. One reminder per auction/sale every 24 hours is permitted, and will require a “reminder” tag. Uploading and deleting the same reminder over and over again will be considered a violation.
    • Category II.C has been reduced to two items instead of the previous four. If the content is wholly yours, the submission is acceptable, and if it uses content made by a source other than yourself, at least one of two conditions must be met.
    • Item II.D.2 addresses video game screenshots. In short, video game screenshots are no longer acceptable as submissions- however, you may use a screenshot as a character reference so long as it is uploaded through the Character Gallery feature.

Ratings Guidelines

The Moderate category no longer exists.
    • All submissions that were previously rated Moderate will now be in the General category, and the General category inherits the wording from the former Moderate category. The Mature and Explicit categories remain essentially the same, with a bit of wording changed to clarify some parts.

Lastly, we’ve changed the wording of the two Ratings Guidelines policies that didn’t quite fit in their own categories- they can be found as notes at the bottom of the Ratings page.

And that wraps it up!
    Please feel free to reach out to Weasyl staff if you’d like us to clarify any parts from either of the Guidelines pages, and if you’d like to have an in-depth discussion with staff and users alike feel to discuss them in this thread.
    Last edited by Hendikins; 07-23-2017 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Correct clerical error.
    I have a secret.​
    A dark, furry secret with big teeth.​
    Less a secret, really - more a wolf.

Weasyl
    Badgefox
    I didn't bring an egg ,_,

So now there is going to be a lot of weird sexualized stuff in the General category?

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by fulgens View Post
    So now there is going to be a lot of weird sexualized stuff in the General category?
    Not quite. The General category will now only allow mild sexual themes. This could be things like dirty jokes, or more well-endowed characters or characters with larger bosoms. It will not allow for genitalia to be defined through clothing or directly exposed, and it will not allow graphic sexual content. If you come across any graphic sexual content in the General category, please use the report feature to file a ticket, and staff will re-rate the content accordingly.

We also have a blacklist system for tagging, so if there's content that is properly rated but you'd not like to see it at all, you can add a tag to your blacklist and the content will no longer be visible for you.

Tiger says HELLO

I don't understand this:
    "Item I.C.7 allows for generated content in character galleries (limited to one image per character)."
    What does it mean? We can only have one pic of one character in our gallery?

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by anubis_werewolf View Post
    I don't understand this:
    "Item I.C.7 allows for generated content in character galleries (limited to one image per character)."
    What does it mean? We can only have one pic of one character in our gallery?
    So Weasyl has a feature where every user has a separate gallery they can dedicate to their characters. Originally, the policy was such that completely disallowed any content that was made by a character generator- including the submissions in the character gallery. Staff looked back and realized that some users are using the character generators to show their character's design because they weren't able to create their own reference, and that the [now former] policy really wasn't fair. Now, in character galleries, if a user would like to use a character generator to create the reference image, that's perfectly fine, but each character is only allowed one generator-created image to display their design.

Hopefully that clears up any questions! Let us know if you'd like more clarification.

Tiger says HELLO

"Sexualized or erotic fashion is permissible as long as it does not meet the criteria for Explicit."

Shouldn't that say Mature?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    So Weasyl has a feature where every user has a separate gallery they can dedicate to their characters. Originally, the policy was such that completely disallowed any content that was made by a character generator- including the submissions in the character gallery. Staff looked back and realized that some users are using the character generators to show their character's design because they weren't able to create their own reference, and that the [now former] policy really wasn't fair. Now, in character galleries, if a user would like to use a character generator to create the reference image, that's perfectly fine, but each character is only allowed one generator-created image to display their design.

Hopefully that clears up any questions! Let us know if you'd like more clarification.

No, it doesn't answer anything actually.
    What does this have to do with my question?
    I have ALL my characters in my Character gallery. So I can only have one character in there now and only one pic of them? That's silly to have a whole separate gallery for only one image.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by fulgens View Post
    "Sexualized or erotic fashion is permissible as long as it does not meet the criteria for Explicit."

Shouldn't that say Mature?
    That bit refers more to things like a ball gag and other types of sex toys/gear. It allows for characters to be depicted wearing things such as a rope harness without being grouped into the Explicit category, while characters wearing gear such as ball gags will not be placed in the General category.

Quote Originally Posted by anubis_werewolf View Post
    No, it doesn't answer anything actually.
    What does this have to do with my question?
    I have ALL my characters in my Character gallery. So I can only have one character in there now and only one pic of them? That's silly to have a whole separate gallery for only one image.
    You can have as many characters in your character gallery as you desire! However, if you intend to use a character generator to be used to display their design, each character is only allowed one character generator image. For example, I have a character that's a snow leopard, but let's say I'd like to use three different pictures to display his design. I can use one image created with a character generator and two images that I've drawn myself. It would be a violation, though, if I were to upload three images of the same character that were all created with a generator.

Tiger says HELLO

@Tiger
    I still have no idea what you are talking about.
    Last edited by anubis_werewolf; 07-21-2017 at 09:14 PM.