Register
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Weasyl
    Tiger

Moderator Applications Are Open Again!

Hey again, Weasyl users!

We’re excited to announce we have re-opened moderator applications! This is your chance to get in on the awesome day-to-day action of helping fellow community members and making sure youngsters are browsing through youngster-friendly art (y’know). If this sounds like something you want to do, then it’s hard for us to picture a better opportunity. Granted, we are biased. If you want to submit an application, you can do so at this page on the forums.

We will be taking on new staff members over the next few months to help us with submission reports. Prior experience with community moderation is not required, but always a plus! Activity on site, familiarity with Weasyl rules and processes, and availability will also be taken into account. New moderators will be brought on two at a time until all selected applicants have been fully trained.

Applicants need to be at least 18 years old (no exceptions) and be able to use IRC for regular staff communication.

Applications will be open from June 20th (UTC) to July 20th (the application form will close at 11:59PM UTC) , so make sure you get your rough drafts, edits, and generous donations of eggs together before the closing date. If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread!

We’ll have some new announcements forthcoming about a couple revisions to the Community Guidelines and Ratings Guidelines in an upcoming site update.

Thanks for checking in!
    Last edited by Tiger; 06-20-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Tiger says HELLO

Weasyl
    MLR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    We’ll have some new announcements forthcoming about a couple revisions to the Community Guidelines and Ratings Guidelines in an upcoming site update.
    Oh good, glad to see this. I was wondering if you guys had the capacity to keep working on this stuff at all. But it sounds like probably there's not going to be any major overhaul to the RG at this stage?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank LeRenard View Post
    Oh good, glad to see this. I was wondering if you guys had the capacity to keep working on this stuff at all. But it sounds like probably there's not going to be any major overhaul to the RG at this stage?
    As for as RG goes, there's really only one major overhaul. The rest of the RG changes are quite minor. CG has gotten some work- a couple things added, one removed, and some clarification on a few sections.

Tiger says HELLO

Weasyl
    MLR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    As for as RG goes, there's really only one major overhaul. The rest of the RG changes are quite minor. CG has gotten some work- a couple things added, one removed, and some clarification on a few sections.
    Nice. Well, looking forward to seeing it. I think I sort of remember what we were all working on when I had to drop out, but obviously I won't make any guesses here in public.

Anyway, hope the mod search goes well.

I bet you're just getting flooded with apps....

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    Addendum to my app, I have IRC figured out.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Weasyl
    TyVulpintaur
    Link goes to blank page

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by TyVulpintaur View Post
    Link goes to blank page
    Thanks for the heads up, we're looking into it!

Tiger says HELLO