Register

Weasyl
    QTMelon

Can we get a Dropdown list from the Submit button?

The submit button on Weasyl is like using Windows 8 start menu.
    There needs to be better navigation efficiency when submitting artwork.

This can be greatly improved by having a drop down on the Submit button, Simply clicking on it will bring you to the old Submit page with matching categories, but allowing a dropdown where you can immediately select Visual/Literary/Multimedia/Character can help a lot.

I also think the notifications menu needs an update. One of the big problem with sites like these is that the notifications menu takes you right out of seeing artwork. I think if you add a side where it shows more artwork like "needs critique" or some other kind of recents, it can help. For those using it as the "SFW" shelter or don't want to see it, you can have a click where it autohides the side or setting where people can not have it.

Weasyl
    XP
    Great modern suggestions for simple improvements.
    Not a single response.
    Come on, staff. You gotta at least care about this site.
    You're just more space debris...

Weasyl
    MLR
    Harsh, bro.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank LeRenard View Post
    Harsh, bro.
    Well, I honestly can't say I blame him. Not even an acknowledgement. That is kind of sad.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    I'm very, very sorry that you all feel this way. The response time for this thread (and lack of staff activity on the forums in general) is unacceptable on our part. I will be bringing this up to the senior staff and discuss ways to improve our communications through the forums. We do indeed care about the site; the issue is, as mentioned in another thread, our staff is laid out pretty thin right now and we have a small group of people trying to handle several large responsibilities. It's not something we can repair easily and quickly, but I can assure you we're working to figure out the best way to go about it.

Regarding the ideas brought forth in the thread- I think they're certainly solid. I can bring them up with the developers and see what they think (I personally have no idea whether or not the ideas would be easy to tie into the code or not, but it's worth a discussion!).

Tiger says HELLO