Register

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Skype?

Weasyl
    Haroo Husky

Skype?

It's come to my attention that Weasyl doesn't have a Skype group. Back when I used to be on FA, I was on one. Granted most of them weren't very nice... I could be wrong, but I punched it in the search and found nothing.

Just a suggestion. I think it's a good way for people to meet, discuss their interests, and make friends.
    “Do you have any idea how that made me feel inside? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!”
    —Lord Ghirahim

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Taw
    I'm not sure if there are any unofficial chat groups for Weasyl out there, but we do have an IRC Network for people to drop on by and chat!

You can find more information about it here:
    https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...ing-Weasyl-IRC!

10% fruit, 20% things, 15% concentrated flapping of wings, 5% silly, 50% rat and 100% reason to be called a fruit bat

Weasyl
    Haroo Husky
    IRC, huh? Well, that might work for some people, but I know a lot of users still prefer Skype. I think it would be a great contribution for the community.
    “Do you have any idea how that made me feel inside? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!”
    —Lord Ghirahim

Weasyl
    XP
    I'd prefer a Discord group other either IRC or Skype.
    Do we have one, actually?
    You're just more space debris...

Weasyl
    N/A
    I think a skype group sounds like a great idea! Personally I would also don't mind a Slack group however not everyone has Slack!

That would be nice. However, as an alternative to Skype or Slack, I think Whatsapp would be pretty effective as well. Or maybe Viber, there are a few different ways to do this. It's just that I've had some bad experiences with Skype, as it's always crashing and requiring me to re-install it. Also it will be useful to keep in touch on the go with a phone messaging app.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Discord is rather popular these days since it also has mobile app as well. Many people game and may use it so the transition wouldn't be too hard for them. Where as trying to download another app may be an annoyance to many. Most already have Skype or discord, and IRC has been waning a bit in popularity.

I have also heard of discord actually, it has a good reputation.