Suggestion: HTML5 form validation for upload form required fields

I want HTML5 form validation to be added to the submission upload forms, specifically the fields that are required.

I've been uploading a few items recently, and quite often I forgot to select the ratings. Of course there's an error message for not selecting a rating, but since the file takes a few seconds to upload, it does not show up immediately.

Implementation is simple - just add the "required" attribute to the related fields, no JavaScript required. So this would be a good task for a new developer. However, if implemented, the server's list of fields required need to be kept in sync with the forms, or there would be confusion.

I'm not sure if this is the place to put feature requests - I thought about posting to GitHub, but since it's not an actual defect, I decided to post here, because this looks like a better place for suggestions.

Suggestion has been incorporated on October 28th, 2016. https://github.com/Weasyl/weasyl/pul...vent-840792359

Still no response on whether Forum or GitHub would be better for feature request, though.