Register

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I need account help...

I need account help...

Specifically I need to reset my Weasyl account password, but there's a big problem in the way; I typo-ed my own contact Email during registration and never thought to fix it.

Let me summarize:
    1. During initial registration I must have typo-ed my Email (I'm almost positive now).
    2. I waited three months to get a confirmation Email but never did.
    3. I Emailed Weasyl support about the issue and they sent me an account confirmation (so I didn't think there was a problem with my Email at this point).
    4. I saw a youtube video about hacking victims and website vulnerabilities and got paranoid so I changed my password.
    5. I logged out of my account but couldn't log back in even with my old password.
    6. I tried the "forgot your password" link but it told me my Email was invalid.
    7. I Emailed Weasyl support to try and get some help, but they told me the Email registered with my account didn't mach the Email I was sending from and couldn't help me.
    8. I made a second account with a generic username and sent an Email to Weasyl support to have it changed but never got a reply.

I don't know whether the staff can't help me because they are busy or consider my Email spam, but I would still like to get my original account back if possible. Outside of seeking help here I'm not sure what to do, also I don't think it's a good idea to post my account information here at this time so I won't.
    I'd appreciate any help/advice

Weasyl
    Menageriecat
    I don't know whether the staff can't help me because they are busy or consider my Email spam

If you are who I think you are, I do believe I've offered suggestions on the main site regarding available options, but for the sake of others reading the forums that may find themselves in a similar situation, I'll repeat myself:

It's neither of these things. They're simply following security protocol. Email is the only way staff can identify who is who, and what account is tied to whatever email. Any Tom, Dick, and Harry can claim X account is their's, therefore the security protocol is in place. If your identity cannot be verified, recovery for said account cannot be provided.

(again repeating myself to the sake of others) I suggest a variation of the original account name when making a new account, or emailing the support email for a change of username.

I do see that you've emailed the staff already. Did you use the staff email? How long have you been waiting? If all else fails, you can try to message an Admin or Director for assistance with your username.

I'm not sure whether "staff email" is the same as support email but I have emailed support@weasyl.com over this. I've been waiting about a month to hear a reply about my original account (the one with a typo-ed contact email) and still haven't got a reply, which I kinda understand.I've been waiting a little over 1 week to hear back about the name change I requested on my second account but haven't gotten any reply (not even a decline notice). One of the reasons I'm a bit anxious over getting a name change is because I vaguely remember a reply email a long time ago (before all this) saying my account didn't qualify for a name change because of a 12-month log out period (which I thought was implying I couldn't log in for a year if I wanted a new username); I understand full well that the staff are following security protocol and thats a good thing I'm sure, but I'm the one that messed up my account and I can't un-mess it up by myself. I just would like some reply is all 'cause I haven't gotten one yet, which is why i thought the staff are busy. That and I tried to make a third account incase the staff couldn't help me but an error message saying a user already registered my "EMAIL" kinda forces me to hover over my unusable original account (kemikace) and my second account (account) for the time being. If the staff could delete these accounts (after some specified time and with notice) I could start over (and not typo my own contact email), but the variation/altered username isn't a bad idea either. i'm just a frantic person by nature and come off as impatient, and all of this is a little frustrating.

Weasyl
    Menageriecat
    o.0 If you've been waiting that long, I would try pm'ing a director.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Hi! We're very sorry for the delay; our mail system was backed up for a few days and wasn't receiving messages. This has been fixed and your email has been responded to. Thank you for your patience!

Tiger says HELLO

I've just gotten a response from staff, and I hope I'm good now, thank you.

On an unrelated note, I had no idea email systems could get backed up, so I'm sorry if I caused any headaches.
    Last edited by kemikace; 08-20-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Weasyl
    Menageriecat
    Quote Originally Posted by kemikace View Post
    I've just gotten a response from staff, and I hope I'm good now, thank you.

On an unrelated note, I had no idea email systems could get backed up, so I'm sorry if I caused any headaches.
    Awesome!

And yeaaaah, email systems can have all sorts of fun (not) things happen with them.