Register
    Weasyl
    vasvadum

Whatever happened to the beautiful story editor?

I seem to recall way back when I first joined, that there used to be a really nice editor for uploading/adding/creating a new story on the site. It had tons of control over the content and formatting of your story, it was really nice. Now all there is, is this crappy hated markdown crap. Not even any formatting buttons to use the crappy markdown, just blank input box with no help whatsoever and you can't even type a story on the site, only upload. I seem to recall even that it would save your story periodically and let you continue editing some other time if you wanted. Its been so long so I don't really remember that much about it, but I do know it was one of the things I believed that made this site great and now I just noticed that its gone. :/
    This signature is a lie.

Weasyl
    Bornes
    Seems like they just rely on Google Docs instead.

Go to submit -> Literary

Then under "Embed link" there is a link that reads "[create new document]"
    Click that and you can create the work in Google Docs.

It doesn't automatically give it to Weasyl, though. You have to create a share link through Google Docs and then go back to the original weasyl window and insert it with the embed link function.

Edit: Actually this explains it: https://www.weasyl.com/help/google-drive-embed

Weasyl
    vasvadum
    This isn't what I was talking about however, it was an inside website thing, not using google documents. Some special nice editor within the site.
    This signature is a lie.