1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl's open source release

We've just released Weasyl's source code under an Apache 2.0 license, which you can find here: https://github.com/Weasyl/weasyl. This is the thread to ask questions about the open source release and the code base. We're the devs: Ask us anything.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

Weasyl
    grompe
    Congratulations with going open source!

Is there some kind of a roadmap, TODO list, so contributors would know what you are likely to accept?

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    Quote Originally Posted by Grom PE View Post
    Congratulations with going open source!

Is there some kind of a roadmap, TODO list, so contributors would know what you are likely to accept?
    I have like, an armful of different tasks and lists that need to be prioritized and reviewed so I'll probably spend some time over the next few days getting them rubber-stamped and (probably) create GitHub issues.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Weasyl
    lagos
    We still have some issues that could be ported over.

We have a 'new dev friendly' label now which can be added to issues that might be good candidates for learning the code base and doing your first pull-request.

In practice, I think that as we're a volunteer project it's more important that contributors work on something they care about than something that fits on a roadmap, as long as it's a useful change and not creeping features. But if you're not sure where to begin, you can talk to us about what we'd like to improve in the project (as in any non-trivial codebase there's quite a lot).