Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Opinions on the Intuos4?

Weasyl
    N/A
    I got a small Intuos 4, and I don't have any complaints with it. I've had it ages, too.

Weasyl
    Zalcoti
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestory View Post
    The pen will get stuck and read as if it is touching the tablet even when it is not. So you get random lines and dots across your work.

Really? I'm heavy handed and never had this problem with any of my tablet pens. I drop them on the floor a lot too and still no issues. Just how heavy handed are you?

Weasyl
    TheStory
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapydos2 View Post
    Really? I'm heavy handed and never had this problem with any of my tablet pens. I drop them on the floor a lot too and still no issues. Just how heavy handed are you?
    Well not -that- heavy handed. I'm not scratching up the tablet or anything or purposefully pressing super hard. Honestly it shouldn't be getting stuck. I've had three tablets and pens that didn't do this previously. It started with the intuos 4 and now 5. Sooo....maybe its a model thing or I've recently gotten unlucky.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Mutt View Post
    I currently use a Intuos4 for my artwork and I've been really pleased with it. What most people already said is true, the nibs do kind of wear down pretty quick when you first get it but once the surface wears down a bit, the nibs are fine after that. Yeah you'll see some scratches here and there through the surface but it works fine, it's pretty much cosmetic. My Intuos3 was like that too -- you could see plenty of scratches through it but it never affected the usage of the tablet.

And I agree about the drivers, download them from the site... The ones on the disc are real screwy.
    Agreed about the drivers.

It helps to also get a cover if you're worried about scratches to the surface as they can just be replaced. They're really good tablets, albeit awfully expensive. They have a nice pressure range to give nice, smooth strokes and your stylus will come with ten nibs (including special nibs) so don't worry too much about those. As said, try for a medium at the smallest. I've used a small and it will cramp your hand pretty easily.

Thank you for all the incoming input everyone! Very informative and detailed; really helping me out.

Weasyl
    zenia
    I love my Intuos4. I bought it in February of this year as my birthday present to me! Well... half of the money was my grandmas birthday present to me. Indeed, at first the nibs wore down fast because of the texture. I hated the texture. I like the slick plastic on plastic feel that my GraphireET had. Thankfully though, since I have drawn so much, lots of the texture on the tablet surface has worn down. Also, I don't use the nibs that came with the tablet... I use generic (harder) ones that I bought on eBay. I find that it makes a difference for how long they last.