just curious what people think of this, critique?

Weasyl
    IntricateVision
    Congrats on improvement~
    I'm sure you'll continue to get better and better.

One of the first things I noticed was the composition. And If I was going to tell you to work anywhere, it might be there. Framing the figure in a scene is super important and makes and image visually interesting.
    I find myself becoming distracted by your character's tail, there's only tiny bits visible here and there, and it's creating tangents that are distracting. The magicky glowy parts are also pulling my eye away from your figure, but there's nothing over there to bring me back.

I do like that your figure isn't centered however. And the medium shot (wasit up) isn't a bad one. I think there's some good stuff here, you just have to keep moving forward
    I'd suggest looking at some old master work, just to familiarize yourself with setting up an image before you draw it and what makes those works successful.

Happy Drawing

IntricateVision provided some excellent advice.

I would add to that by saying that integrating a character into a background is very difficult -- at least for me. I think you've hit a good middle with this piece where the character isn't swallowed up by similar colors in the background, but also doesn't feel completely out of place. If you were to remake this piece in the future, I would definitely keep the green as a complimentary to the blue and purple (maybe throw in a touch more yellow for good measure).

Overall, and excellent start!