Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Weasyl
    Noxid

What are your aspirations?

Just curious really. Share if you want to. Do you want to become a great artist? Have a family? Create something that will be remembered? Work for 40 years, retire and spend your remaining days drinking in front of the TV until your organic husk collapses in on itself?
    Me, I don't really know. Not much of a family man, don't dream of being wealthy. I guess my biggest aspirations are to own my own home, and to be able to support myself by working on my own projects. I really want to make a game someday, not like "garbage indie game I threw together over the weekend" but something people will like unironically.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    I would like to have a family someday, but I would like to get more financially stable first. Kids are optional, dog is a must.

Besides that, I would love to get my comic rolling. If it could actually get a following and bring in money, that would be a nice bonus.

I'd like my characters to mean something more than "hey look what I made". Originally I was dreaming of making a game with them, but that dream basically died last fall. Now I don't know what to do with them, but I want to do something.

Weasyl
    Dreamline
    I've actually had one thing that's always been in my head for years now. It's not complete, and it won't be for a long while, but...

It's a story. Not quite about my life, but about the aspects of it. And how it all ends up and what it could (or couldn't) mean. I know it's vague, but I don't want to expand on it until I get myself together and better myself. If I can do that, then I can focus on the story, and hopefully I'll have much more knowledge to make it better, and to where others can enjoy it too.

So right now, I'm gonna try to prepare myself to attend the community college here in Fall, and see if I can make a (hopefully much) better second attempt at it. Not only will that help me get in a better position to work on it, but... If I succeed, I can truly move on from my past and focus on the here and now.
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Weasyl
    kynliod
    I aspire to finally write and illustrate my graphic novel. But it will have to wait. 2016/2017 are spoken for, so it will either be slow or no work on it. I'd like to try to have the script written by the end of the year, but I'm reluctant to begin drawing it, since I worry artistic consistency might suffer if I'm not able to work on it regularly.

Weasyl
    Holt5
    I have some big aspirations but not necessarily much in place to obtain them yet - I'm kind of just going one step at a time. Basically right now I'm trying to get off of a midnights job so I can attend college, get some credits and possibly go into the ROTC program in the Air Force. From there I might make a career of the military for awhile or I'll get my own place and start on some projects.

One of my big goals in life is to eventually start creating games, comics and books that are good entertainment but also educative. (As a random example, a war game set in an 1800's time period: along with fighting battles and caring for equipment you learn how to build a camp, forage and stack firewood properly, make basic wooden tools, hunt for food, treat injuries, get along with your peers and superiors, etc.) I'd like to then include materials like this (also including more scholarly subjects) in legitimate curriculums, probably get myself a family and help homeschool the kids. Ideally I would live off of royalties from that and other projects, maybe start a business that helps low-income/impoverished families find their footing.

There's also a few ideas I have for books which I really want to put into writing and publish someday - maybe even incorporate some of that in the aforementioned plan. Basically I just want to have a somewhat similar influence on others the way author Brian Jacques influenced me. I was kind of a sheltered child until around 13 years old, which was when I got a hold of some of his books and started steering my drawing skills towards fan art: if it weren't for that literary influence I might not have even bothered to start drawing as a legitimate hobby.

Aside from all that I'm actually starting my very first attempt at a fan comic, which I'm hoping to make a mostly full-length rendition of a 300-page novel. Pending on if I finish it, maybe even contact the copyright holder and see if a publishing deal could be made. So yeah, lots of plans, but we'll see how they all turn out. xD

Weasyl
    Brachyurus
    My only real dream is to eventually publish a graphic novel, but I have much to learn and it's going to be long way off before I even start working on anything.
    = FA \\ Weasyl || dA || Tumblr // Twitter =
    Few can achieve greatness - and none in art - if they are not dominated by illusion.

Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast
    My aspiration is to become much, much better at 3D-animations, to make characters come alive and tell tales, stories, feelings, thoughts, aspirations, and much more. I want to animate great stories when I work, and I want to animate my own stories at home as well. I want to turn my future job into a hobby, so I can enjoy it every time I return to work, so I'll have something to look forward to the following day.

Yes, there's a lot of competition among animators, and yes, I'm prepared to spend the time it takes to at least reach their level, if not even higher. I have a three-year 3D-animation course I'm going to attend this autumn and I intend to make as much use of it as I can, way more than what the studies themselves demand from me, because that's what I demand of myself. No half-assed ambitions here, I run on true passion from finally having found the one thing I really want to work with, and I plan to enjoy every day of it.
    "An artist who canít take constructive critique on their work is only hurting themselves and their potential.
    Conversely, and artist that canít communicate a critique in a constructive way isnít helping anybody."
    "It's perfectly fine to draw things any way you want. However you should always ask yourself; is it believable?"
    "You must be allowed to be a bit weird sometimes. Otherwise you're not normal."

Weasyl
    Ezydenias
    Well if you really wanna know I will become something big, I am pretty sure of. Probably in the Game Design department but maybe Movies too. Well maybe I will just be a small designer or something which would be still be fun. But you have to dream big also I know myself. I don't like staying mediocre. No difference what my marks say (Which ain't that bad).

Yeah I know I am full of it xD.^^

Weasyl
    Flygon
    A stable minimum wage job.

Job market here is in the shitter.