Looking for Wacom Bamboo tutorials

Hey everybody. I'm new here, so I'm just gonna go ahead and get something embarrassing off my chest...
    I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet and I have no idea how to use the damn thing. I bought it a couple years ago on the strength of a "plug and play" format, but I've seen found that it's not as intuitive to use as I thought it would be. I've discovered some of the features which I really have no practical use for, but what I really want to learn how to do is digitally color pieces that I've drawn by hand and then scanned to my computer. I did find the "Sumo" function on the tablet, and I was thinking this was what I was looking for, but then the program refused to open my saved art, so I guess I'm back to square one. Also: do I need Adobe on my computer for the tablet to work properly? Or am I just clueless.
    Any hints/tricks you can offer to a technological dunce?
    Thank you all!

Weasyl
    kynliod
    Usually tablets come with some sort of software to use with it (whether that software is any good I don't know). It should be essentially plug and play, but you should install the drivers, as it will work much better that way. It's been a while since I used a bamboo, and mine is over 6 years old now, but if I remember right, if you install the drivers, they will have a lot of settings you can mess with. But a lot of the functionality will also depend on the program you are using. I actually don't recommend photoshop for a drawing program. Clip Studio Paint (AKA Manga Studio) is a great drawing program, and much more affordable (under $100). It's all I use. It has great texture settings and jitter controls. I love it.

I'm not sure what the sumo function is. What program are you using?

I got Corel Painter Essentials 4 and ArtRage with mine, so here are two good art programs.

Weasyl
    kynliod
    I don't remember what my Bamboo came with, but my intuos came with Corel Painter. I got it fairly recently. I'm not sure they make Bamboo anymore. They just expanded the Intuos line to include more affordable models. The one I got was about $100 or so. I never use Painter though. I have been using Clip Studio Paint since last fall, and I love it so much I haven't even really tried anything else since then. Good riddance to Photoshop though, that's for sure.