Page 55 of 517 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 5170
  1. #541
    Resident Khajiit Ibuuyk's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    I don't think that's really fair to say considering you joined quite a while after some of the shit that caused people to lose interest in those early months, including me. I want to give it a chance in spite of that because it's still a very young site with time to learn from its past mistakes and change course to lure people back, and because something has to be an alternative to FA because that site is horrible on levels I can't even begin to get into here. But if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't be denying that they kinda shot themselves in the foot when they had that early momentum in their favor.
    I've been here since the beginning and I have no idea what flaws and draconian policies you're talking about. If anything, it was better back then but that's mostly 'cause it wasn't stale as it is now. So, care to elaborate what those apparently so obvious flaws are instead of basically saying "b'aww you weren't there you can't understand"?

    Quote Originally Posted by coyttl View Post
    Okay, I honestly won't argue with this, because yeah, I'm new here.

    However, I will say this, in my defense -
    Lucy Bones posted that comment very recently, and in response to your query, said to 'look around', indicating the problem is still here.

    Many folks have signed up since *I* have, and yes, the forums are *still* quiet. Since all those folks also don't know about what happened earlier, those actions in the past couldn't be why they're all being quiet too, yes?
    You can just ignore Lucy, she's just a troll.

  2. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    You can just ignore Lucy, she's just a troll.
    Well, in that case, I'm great at ignoring folks.

  3. #543
    Resident Khajiit Ibuuyk's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by coyttl View Post
    Well, in that case, I'm great at ignoring folks.
    That's a useful talent to have!

  4. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    That's a useful talent to have!
    5 years in commercial radio, ignoring people bugging me while on air. 5 years in customer support, ignoring .. well, customers. I have had a lot of practice.

  5. #545
    Solifugid Onnes's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Onnes
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    You can just ignore Lucy, she's just a troll.
    As opposed to? Remember where you are; the only variable is subtlety.

  6. #546
    Resident Khajiit Ibuuyk's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by coyttl View Post
    5 years in commercial radio, ignoring people bugging me while on air. 5 years in customer support, ignoring .. well, customers. I have had a lot of practice.
    Yea, I can see why you'd be good at it xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    As opposed to? Remember where you are; the only variable is subtlety.
    wat?

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by coyttl View Post
    Okay, I honestly won't argue with this, because yeah, I'm new here.

    However, I will say this, in my defense -
    Lucy Bones posted that comment very recently, and in response to your query, said to 'look around', indicating the problem is still here.

    Many folks have signed up since *I* have, and yes, the forums are *still* quiet. Since all those folks also don't know about what happened earlier, those actions in the past couldn't be why they're all being quiet too, yes?
    Honestly I know what Lucy meant (we know each other and talk behind your guys' back all the time lol) and basically her attitude is like, well, if nobody's here, it's because the admins dropped the ball somewhere. I mean I agree insofar as, it's their site and ultimately it's on them whether it succeeds or fails, but it's like, damn Lucy, use that brain of yours for something other than consuming THC and porn. Also, practice what you preach and make our own forum better (admittedly it's more active than this but not by that much).

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    I've been here since the beginning and I have no idea what flaws and draconian policies you're talking about. If anything, it was better back then but that's mostly 'cause it wasn't stale as it is now. So, care to elaborate what those apparently so obvious flaws are instead of basically saying "b'aww you weren't there you can't understand"?



    You can just ignore Lucy, she's just a troll.
    Dude, on some real shit, I got no time to explain anything to your non-talking ass because I've seen those ridiculous posts of yours here and dating back to like 2010 on FAF. I've learned from the mistakes others have made in ever trying to explain anything to you. So, in other words, not bloody likely.

  8. #548
    Resident Khajiit Ibuuyk's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,250
    Biased, stubborn and closed-minded, I see. No use trying to get anything sensible out of you, especially if you're out of it. Though if you're on some real shit as you say, that might explain the behavior so I'll just let it slide tonight and drop the subject.

    Besides, knowing my luck if a FAFer started another flame war I'd probably get all the blame while he gets pat on the back; I can't be assed with another one of these so soon.
    Last edited by Ibuuyk; 09-20-2013 at 11:31 PM.

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    Biased, stubborn and closed-minded, I see. No use trying to get anything sensible out of you, especially if you're out of it. Though if you're on some real shit as you say, that might explain the behavior so I'll just let it slide tonight.
    Yeah, see, "on some real shit" means, roughly, "I'm not even kidding here". I'm not "on" anything unless you count nicotine and SSRIs. But what it comes down to is I've seen how arguments with you go and it never ends with you ever even really realizing the other POV, particularly because that POV is at odds with yours and you're this super-genius with enhanced, near-metaphysical mental abilities us mere mortals can't even fathom. I mean I know it was years ago, but man, you just don't forget the impression a thread like that leaves. Others have tied themselves in knots and frustrated the shit out of themselves arguing with you. I can't be arsed because I don't care enough about changing your mind. I would like to start making some serious contributions to the site's meat and potatoes needs once this job I got starts in about a month just because I'd like to see it amount to something more than the FA-killer that could've been.

  10. #550
    Resident Khajiit Ibuuyk's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Trois-Rivières, Québec
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,250
    I just got the nicest message ever on YouTube so now I'm in an awesome mood.

    "Hello lbuuyk, I found your channel looking at the beautiful covers you did of the songs of Aurelio Voltaire, which I consider a very great artist. I'm sorry that you have only a few subscribers, i think you deserve many more because you're really good at what you do.
    Congratulations.

    Good luck and never give up. ;-)

    p.s: I'm Italian, so sorry if I made grammatical errors :p"

    This. This is what really makes singing (or doing arts in general) all worth it. The occasional comment that just lightens up your day and keeps you going. This is what makes you strive to keep improving and getting better at what you do, because these comments (along with favorites and watchers) are proof that people like it and you don't want to disappoint them.

    When someone takes the time to get out of his comfort zone to congratulate you and wish you luck in a language that's not his own. It really makes you feel appreciated.

    PS: Little does he know that YouTube only has 15% of my subscribers.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •