Page 516 of 517 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517 LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 5170
    Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by teahee View Post
    Thank you for the welcome! I'm curious to know what has happened with other websites to make people want to run away, but I guess I won't pry. Anyway, I do really like mountain lions, but I'm afraid felines and canines are too, I don't know, too typical. A friend of mine likes to roll her eyes when someone mentions a lion or wolf fursona. It's a little stressful, but I guess I'll keep looking and drawing to see what seems right. It's a pleasure meeting you, btw. Any advice for a newcomer to the site plus the online community?
    Just do whatever you like. Even if it is the most common looking mountain lion, just do what makes you happy.

For advice, I would suggest never cook bacon without a shirt on. It is deliciously painful.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk2288 View Post
    Edit: Look on the bright side, While FA & DA still stand. They're restraining all the negative facets (NSFW) of those communities from swarming Weasyl. Should either collapse, this place would -literally- become FA 2.0, a DA clone or some sort of hybrid...
    This is true. If they collapse, the mods are going to have to work overtime to make sure the community we have now is preserved. dA's cancerous community played a hand in driving me off there for good, it doesn't help that SJWs were starting to become more present and it probably got much worse since then.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    I remembered that yesterday was my four year anniversary on deviantART, so I wrote a retrospective on what it was like there. https://www.weasyl.com/journal/98481...-retrospective

It isn't a big chunk of my life, but it is the chunk where I learned the most about the very blissfully volatile nature of the internet.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    I commented on your journal. It hit home for me on a few points, but in a good way. =3

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitoho View Post
    I commented on your journal. It hit home for me on a few points, but in a good way. =3
    I saw, thank you! For some reason the types of attitudes both of us had are common, and it's probably because the site attracts a lot of kids who think they'll earn fame automatically because they draw a certain thing and are on that site.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    I'm sort of ashamed that I went through this phase while in college. It seems like something teenagers do and the first year of college beats that out of them. I think it's because college was the first time I was really independent. And, as you said, we also grow up being told that we're special and can do anything, when in reality that's not true. There are 7.1 billion people on this planet. The chances of you being special are slim and is usually more luck than talent.

Reading stuff like that just reinforces what I already think, that I wish I could start my whole life in the fandom over again. I feel like any chance I had to "do it right" is gone now that the fandom as I once knew it is completely in shambles.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    So, I had my first experience with the Souls games and played about twenty minutes of Bloodborne. I'm more of a sneaky player (sneaking around and finding a good place to archery someone to death) and I enjoy using daggers than swords, but overall, I had a nice time. It controlled pretty well, and the button layout is interesting. Much to my husband's annoyance, I really wanted to take my time and walk around. There's so much detail in this game, it seems a shame to just run right past it.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitoho View Post
    So, I had my first experience with the Souls games and played about twenty minutes of Bloodborne. I'm more of a sneaky player (sneaking around and finding a good place to archery someone to death) and I enjoy using daggers than swords, but overall, I had a nice time. It controlled pretty well, and the button layout is interesting. Much to my husband's annoyance, I really wanted to take my time and walk around. There's so much detail in this game, it seems a shame to just run right past it.
    I haven't played either of those, but I totally agree about taking time in large games like that. I find it super fun to see every detail, especially if there is a chance for easter eggs or treasure.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    I haven't played either of those, but I totally agree about taking time in large games like that. I find it super fun to see every detail, especially if there is a chance for easter eggs or treasure.
    After playing Bloodborne, I can't see I'm interested enough to really play it. I like the lore and stuff like that, but I don't know. I couldn't dick around in it like I could in, say, Skyrim. I'm thinking about getting Xenoblade Chronicles X since it's supposed to have a bigger world than Skyrim. I really just want to dick around though, ha ha.

Anyway, was playing Skullgirls earlier, and made a guy rage quit. You're probably wondering how I know it was a rage quit and not a disconnect. You can tell usually by the timing. It's usually at the tip end of a battle and you're literally seconds from winning, especially if you're pulling off a winning super as I was. Usually a match will disconnect after serious lag or it won't connect at all if the connection is awful. The game will often tell you rapidly Waiting for opponent if it's trying to reconnect as opposed to telling you this once as it does in a rage quit.

So, while it's great to know my skills make people rage quit, it's irritating that you just cop out like that.
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles