Page 515 of 517 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517 LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 5170

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Nothing interesting to talk about here :v

Weasyl
    N/A
    It's natural (and healthy) to have periods of inactivity. As for your questions, just dig around through various threads. Scandal or outrage is what drove and built *most* of the community here. However, that's getting old and people are bored of it. We also lost a chunk of user base. Since FAF veterans were taking refuge here until Phoenix Corvidae.

In terms of community, plenty of people here (refugees and separatists) expected this place to be like: FA/F 2.0, DeviantArt or "WeasylBackUp". So we ended up with a lot of "Lifeboating", inactive cross-posting, administrative distrust, offsite politics/culture, othersite bashing, disappointment, and long held grudges, among other things. Instead of a clean-slate, an independent community with it's own politics and atmosphere.

As for the staff, they're alright (unless thy head is up one's ass).
    They're quick and responsive, but also still human.

Edit: Look on the bright side, While FA & DA still stand. They're restraining all the negative facets (NSFW) of those communities from swarming Weasyl. Should either collapse, this place would -literally- become FA 2.0, a DA clone or some sort of hybrid...
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 11-22-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    It does seem rather lulling right now and I imagine a lot of peeps are on Phoenix, I guess because the FA crowd will always have a need for its own place, if that makes sense. Maybe in the end that's for the best. It gives us a chance to build our own community. We keep the place active ourselves and others will see that and join in. It's gonna be a slow process, I imagine, but it takes longer to build a cruise ship as opposed to a life boat. ^_~

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk2288 View Post
    In terms of community, plenty of people here (refugees and separatists) expected this place to be like: FA/F 2.0, DeviantArt or "WeasylBackUp".
    I'd argue it's beneficial that this illusion was broken. Weasyl is a general art site, and it's always disappointing to have that hijacked.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    teahee
    I'm very confused about what everyone is talking about. There are scandals and chaos with the other art websites? Is that really common or did I just get into all of this at a bad time? I tried to establish myself with another community but I wasn't having much luck making any real solid friendships. I really like that this has a forum even if it's slow. There seems to be a lot of negative feelings about the forum though? I hope it turns out okay.

-

In news unrelated; I've been having a hard time picking a species. I like my little klipspringer character, but she's not much like me at all. And I want to draw cute paws - hooves are awkward. I'm so at a loss though. Mountain lion? Raccoon dog? There are so man choices! I guess everyone goes through this kind of thing.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by teahee View Post
    I'm very confused about what everyone is talking about. There are scandals and chaos with the other art websites? Is that really common or did I just get into all of this at a bad time? I tried to establish myself with another community but I wasn't having much luck making any real solid friendships. I really like that this has a forum even if it's slow. There seems to be a lot of negative feelings about the forum though? I hope it turns out okay.
    Nothing of real concern, so I wouldn't worry about it. The biggest refugee stint just recently passed so there's still some angst floating around but it'll pass. There's no real negative feels towards the forums itself, it's more towards the transients. At any rate, welcome to the forum and hope you stay around. Also mountain lions are neat and there's plenty of species in the classification.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    teahee
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Nothing of real concern, so I wouldn't worry about it. The biggest refugee stint just recently passed so there's still some angst floating around but it'll pass. There's no real negative feels towards the forums itself, it's more towards the transients. At any rate, welcome to the forum and hope you stay around. Also mountain lions are neat and there's plenty of species in the classification.
    Thank you for the welcome! I'm curious to know what has happened with other websites to make people want to run away, but I guess I won't pry. Anyway, I do really like mountain lions, but I'm afraid felines and canines are too, I don't know, too typical. A friend of mine likes to roll her eyes when someone mentions a lion or wolf fursona. It's a little stressful, but I guess I'll keep looking and drawing to see what seems right. It's a pleasure meeting you, btw. Any advice for a newcomer to the site plus the online community?

Weasyl
    Skylar_Husky
    I like it here better and that is all I wish to say about that.

Towards Teahee
    As for the species: Be whichever species makes you happy. It is your character, not the popular opinion of others who make it up and give it life.
    Last edited by Skylar_Husky; 11-23-2015 at 07:44 PM. Reason: I had more to say to User Teahee

Thank you for the welcome! I'm curious to know what has happened with other websites to make people want to run away, but I guess I won't pry. Anyway, I do really like mountain lions, but I'm afraid felines and canines are too, I don't know, too typical. A friend of mine likes to roll her eyes when someone mentions a lion or wolf fursona. It's a little stressful, but I guess I'll keep looking and drawing to see what seems right. It's a pleasure meeting you, btw. Any advice for a newcomer to the site plus the online community?
    Poke her in the eyes and then do it anyway. It's okay not to be a snowflake.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Just go with what you like, bro. If you like mountain lions, go with mountain lions. I'm sure there's a way to spice it up a bit, like unique fur colors or something.
    As for advice, huh... just talk to people all nice-like, keep your emotions in check, cause it's easy for conversation to get heavy from emotions getting in the way. Also, don't feed the trolls, do ho ho ho.
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles