Page 505 of 517 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 5170
    They should demolish every school ever made for essentially being glorified torture dungeons and gladiator camps. Especially British schools. Fuck those Blackshirts and nuns. Burn in Hell, Jimmy Saville. Stop raping babies and rape your own dead ass. Actually between them and the Aboriginal "schools" here in Canada I'm not sure if the best solution to the school problem is to replace school with The Ministry of Goodthink. Since torture, sadism, psychological terrorism and all other sorts of treachery are the order of the day and in fact are the real curriculum, it stand to reason that the best use of the education system is as a means of reeducation. Not away from Authoritarian regimes, but more towards them, to the point the children literally run the asylum, because clearly, they are not only the best educators, but the best Fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I used to hate how you could get relentlessly bullied for months without consequence then the second you retaliated YOU got in trouble. I used to deal with teachers who would sit and WATCH while I was heckled. Like wtf?

Shit, I remember after school in...9th grade(?) I got jumped by two dudes in my class that always messed with me. I went home with a bloody nose and my mom drove me right back to the school to find out what was going on. My teacher actually admitted that I came to him about the bullying repeatedly, but never believed me because I didn't complete homework or pay attention in class somedays. My mom ripped him a new asshole.
    It's usually for two main reasons. One the teachers are afraid of those students. Often not even physically, they're afraid of the other students mocking them for defending "the loser". Other times, it's a cynical, convenient way of letting the inmates run the asylum the way you want, taking care of those "unsightly" elements in the school for you. Look, it's not for nothing Rockstar decided to basically set a GTA type game in a school. When I was a kid we thought there should be games like that and GTA or anything remotely close hadn't been dreamed of yet. Christ, when you think about it, half the games kids love, it's because those games reflect their own lives - dingy, dilapidated ruins of what used to be suburbs, some heroin-needle infested grotto with a mummified corpse slumped over a bike rail or something, and you're always running, being chased, hiding from someone or something that wants you dead just for existing. I've always seen games as akin to rap music, reflecting the ugly reality its fans live in while parents and politicians whine obliviously about this huge inconvenience, this huge offense, entertainment because while it's distracting us from our plight it's shoving that same plight back in their faces and it makes them very, very uncomfortable. How awful that must be for them...

Weasyl
    N/A
    So glad that the men's finals at the US open have been delayed and that they're replaying the women's semi finals from yesterday(?) till the rain stops. I realize it gets emotional for the players near the end, but Serena needs to seriously control them better. I can't imagine how distracting it must have been for Vinci, makes Sherapova's "woo's" sound quiet when she yells. Glad Vinci won, not only under so much pressure but also to show even at her age you still stand a chance against those that are younger.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    FA recently added "Gallery Folder + subfolder" thing. So many darn pics to sort and arrange.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Preach it, man! That sound, and the feeling of stiffness going away after it, is just, ahhhh....

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm more a body massage man, myself.
    "If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril." ~ Sun Tzu

As long as you do it right, it's at least a decent temporary fix for what could usually be fixed with maybe a mix of massage and chiropractic. And some people rag on chiropractic because of some mystic Jedi bullshit the founder(s) of the profession believed, despite the fact that most nowadays are in it for the only reasons that matter: because like with a lot of massage therapists they can barely contain their enthusiasm for getting to touch and handle an awesome body (or maybe that's just how they treat me but I ain't complaining!) and like anyone else in the world, they want to make a living doing something they're good at and like doing. They talk of certain risks but if you're really in that bad shape that anything within the scope of chiropractic could have that great a potential to injure you, that's why you go to a physician first for a recommendation like a responsible, adult citizen. It's a lot harder to break a person's neck than the movies make it look. Most broken necks are freak accidents caused by, well, accidents because that is about how much force it takes to break the average neck. That's why when they used to hang people, they had to drop them a few feet to snap the neck (stupid method of execution if you ask me, if the goal is a broken neck, what's the point of hanging when that's the least convenient way to do it? is the symbolism that important? okay, i'll just burn a cross on your lawn and say it's for easter, how's that sound? i'm not a racist agitator, I'm very much a nigga-loving agitator, I just like watching symbols of faith burn and churches carry heftier charges for arson, okay? call it the pragmatic extremist fuck you response) so yeah if meds and stretching and everything doesn't help, other than some more intense physio or at the extreme end, surgery, I'm not sure what else you'd have someone try but massage and chiropractic if you can't fix it yourself.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    I am curious, how much of this is true in American education?

Weasyl
    N/A
    That video is hillari-bad. "Well educated people don't seem to hold uneducated views boo hoo."
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Heyo, everyone! I'm back and... oh wait, I have to do this thing...

In the words of Squiggle, "I have returned."

No one's gonna get that, but eh. I'm back after taking my cat to the vet... geez, six times? He's better. Still an obnoxious shit, but better. He's sleeping in his new bed. In a couple of hours he'll start meowing loudly and I'll shove some pain killers down his throat.

Also, Skype is down. I've never seen this before.

Anyway, did anyone/thing explode while I was gone? Have you had a pleasant September so far? Also, I checked out that Furiffic site. I kinda like it. Might make use of it later.
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles