Page 473 of 517 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 5170
    Weasyl
    N/A
    No this was a randomized thing. People sign up and are assigned different people. It was kinda like a monthly secret santa.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I'm just going to post it here since I'm really not trying to sour anyone who may be interested. But that Art Fight thing is...the pits, to me. I'm sorry, but a site that's a glorified art trade just does not sit well with me. Disguising it as anything other than a means to snag free work from people, even stressing completeness and details to "score extra points" is wholly disingenuous, in my opinion. It's harmless, but it just seems like the most overdressed way of saying "give me free art".

I was looking forward to it a little. I thought it was gonna be a big contest, but all it is is drawing peoples characters. Random people whose characters I probably won't like enough in the slightest to want to draw for fucking free. But I suppose I should expect as much from an event whose base is DeviantArt, hate to say. :/
    I see where you're coming from with that. The idea of art fight is that if someone attacks you, you attack back (in essence, an art trade but it gives people an incentive to complete their half). I don't get any commissions, so for me it doesn't matter that I'm doin' it for free. I think of it as a chance to practice and to get my name out there. Since I enjoy it, I'm gonna do it all over again for my third year.

I agree with ya; their base being devianTART doesn't win them any points. It'd be even worse if their base is on FA -shudder-.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    N/A
    If it was FA based then i would expect no less than two obscure and disturbing fetishes :V

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    No this was a randomized thing. People sign up and are assigned different people. It was kinda like a monthly secret santa.
    Ah, I see. Well, that sounds pretty fun! Especially since everything's random, there's not the same people getting art from the same artists, heh.

If it was FA based then i would expect no less than two obscure and disturbing fetishes :V
    Only two? I feel like you're underestimating FA here. :v

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I'm just going to post it here since I'm really not trying to sour anyone who may be interested. But that Art Fight thing is...the pits, to me. I'm sorry, but a site that's a glorified art trade just does not sit well with me. Disguising it as anything other than a means to snag free work from people, even stressing completeness and details to "score extra points" is wholly disingenuous, in my opinion. It's harmless, but it just seems like the most overdressed way of saying "give me free art".

I was looking forward to it a little. I thought it was gonna be a big contest, but all it is is drawing peoples characters. Random people whose characters I probably won't like enough in the slightest to want to draw for fucking free. But I suppose I should expect as much from an event whose base is DeviantArt, hate to say. :/
    There's a reason why you art trade with only friends and people you don't mind trading with most of the time.

And DA just have the function to make it easier to do those stuffs with some group managing the art trade well where the one hosting will assign participants to those close to their skill from the list instead of just throwing it around randomly.

Weasyl
    Sutekh_the_Steak
    Last edited by Sutekh_the_Steak; 08-04-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    The lolita fashion usually makes me roll my eyes because I usually find it obnoxious, but the Muslim lolita trend is...adorable. ;w;
    Examples? I wanna see

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    The lolita fashion usually makes me roll my eyes because I usually find it obnoxious, but the Muslim lolita trend is...adorable. ;w;
    Examples? I wanna see
    I'm curious as well. Pics?

Unrelated to that, does anyone know what's going on with DeviantART, exactly? I know there was a thing a while back about copyright and plagiarism, but it seems like something else has happened now. Can anyone clue me in? :b

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    So, I just found out that dA is struggling for money and that's why half of the paid staff got laid off and why they made this overpriced "core membershit". It's the most hilarious thing I've read in the past two weeks to be honest; deviantART has been ignoring it's community for years and karma is finally biting them in the ass. Personally, I hope this will end up being the fall of Rome but we'll see what happens.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    So, I just found out that dA is struggling for money and that's why half of the paid staff got laid off and why they made this overpriced "core membershit". It's the most hilarious thing I've read in the past two weeks to be honest; deviantART has been ignoring it's community for years and karma is finally biting them in the ass. Personally, I hope this will end up being the fall of Rome but we'll see what happens.
    The "Doubled price" thing is for yearly where the discount was ridiculous in the first place. Month-by-month is still the same and considering that I just stick to month-by-month until the Christmas "Buy one give one for the price of one" (if they still have it this year) where I will just do a trade to get it for half price like usual, it's also still cheap for the features to come with that I really need. (like the subfolder for fiction purpose)

And the star pretty much screams "I am important unlike you peasants" which is a +1 for me anyway.