Page 465 of 517 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 5170
    Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTail View Post
    That's why I just joined this website! Because of that load of bullshit.
    I'm glad you left! I made a Weasyl account after I heard about dA's bullshit but I wasn't really active; after I got older and wiser I realized that I don't give a fuck if I get banned from dA, that's when I made Weasyl my main art site. I was gonna deactivate months ago, but now I'm really doing it and leaving a journal behind calling them out their shit. My biggest regret was every paying for a premium; deviantART doesn't deserve a cent of anyone's money.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Yeah, I've been backing up / deleting my shit from the site for the past few hours.

Fuck everything about that nonsense.
    It's one thing for them to be shitty behind the scenes about it. It's another for them to promote this mindset, like it should be shared by community.
    Nothankyou.
    I'm really glad to see people leaving. Hopefully they're losing premium members; they won't give a shit if they lose free members. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    Seems just informational to me, not really them taking a stance. They really are just defining what is and isn't protected according to the law. The tracing one made me raise my eyebrows, but then they later make note that in the "moral rights" section that claiming copied or sold art as your own is illegal.
    They know the law, but they don't follow it. They actually have a category for traced bases, allow people to sell recolored art of games and shows as adoptables, and a whole slew of other bullshit. The reason why they haven't gotten sued yet is because companies don't know about it, or they( company or small artists) wouldn't get much out of a lawsuit. I'd suggest reading the RealitySquared article on Encyclopedia Dramatica; this shit has been going on for a while, it just never got a lot of attention until recently.
    Last edited by GlaringFeline; 07-19-2015 at 07:09 PM.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    N/A
    Too bad Weasyl doesn't have a community/group feature thing.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    I'm glad you left! I made a Weasyl account after I heard about dA's bullshit but I wasn't really active; after I got older and wiser I realized that I don't give a fuck if I get banned from dA, that's when I made Weasyl my main art site. I was gonna deactivate months ago, but now I'm really doing it and leaving a journal behind calling them out their shit. My biggest regret was every paying for a premium; deviantART doesn't deserve a cent of anyone's money.

I'm really glad to see people leaving. Hopefully they're losing premium members; they won't give a shit if they lose free members. :\

They know the law, but they don't follow it. They actually have a category for traced bases, allow people to sell recolored art of games and shows as adoptables, and a whole slew of other bullshit. The reason why they haven't gotten sued yet is because companies don't know about it, or they( company or small artists) wouldn't get much out of a lawsuit. I'd suggest reading the RealitySquared article on Encyclopedia Dramatica; this shit has been going on for a while, it just never got a lot of attention until recently.
    That is pretty shitty. So pretty much it all is a smokescreen for them to say they handle it while they actually sweep it under the rug and bring in profits.

Between that and the FA/IMVU thing, who knew art sites could create such drama. I just wanted to look at art and post my own!

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Take it as a lesson of what happens anywhere in life that money is involved. Coincidentally that is nearly everywhere in life.

Weasyl
    Vae
    DA's been involved in drama involving shitty management for years, now. This is just one of the larger instances where they've pretty much openly stated "I don't give a fuck," and so people are taking more notice of it.

Personally speaking, like FA, this is just giving me reason to shut down my activity on a site that I hardly ever used, anyway.
    I knew about the existing problems,
    but this is just the sign from the powers that be or whatever that it's time to grab my things and jump ship.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Take it as a lesson of what happens anywhere in life that money is involved. Coincidentally that is nearly everywhere in life.
    I wouldn't say anywhere where money is involved. But anywhere where the involvement of money is steered by a monopoly through an unorganized (to say the least) community.
    The fact that the community cannot do much of a retaliation, or it blindly worships, supports and defends the staff is the reason why you have the disastrous policies and changes websites such as Deviantart or FurAffinity made.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    All these "I left FA cause issue" and now, "I left DA cause issue" leads to only one thing.

Drop in exposure.

A solid fanbase has always been the only defense available for artists. If someone traces your stuffs, the fanbase will be there to tell you about it and prevent it from getting too much supports. If you decide to trace... certain fanbase will probably protect you. The thing is, whatever you want to do, if you don't have both

1) The money
    and 2) The fanbase

to help you, you're just going to lose no matter how much you move from one place to another.

Like, sure, feel free to move around but if you actually plan on reaching more than 4 or even 5 digits watchers so you have a more solid source of income from commission, you're going to have to suck it up. Life has always been about tackling with shits and dealing with it, not running away from all of it.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Apparently, you can pay your tickets to a music festivals here by donating blood at the entrance.
    lol

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    Apparently, you can pay your tickets to a music festivals here by donating blood at the entrance.
    lol
    Don't just make your wallet bleed. Make yourself bleed too.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    lol
    Unless you're gay.