Page 438 of 517 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 5170
    Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    Everyone I know seems to have a Cintiq... I want to be rich too! >
    I don't have a Cintiq either, can't afford one. ^^; I do have an off-brand graphics tablet with a screen though. It's a Huion, but there are other brands, like Yiynova and Monoprice, that offer similar tablets. I'm pretty pleased with my tablet so far.

Not gonna lie, though, it probably would be cool to have one of those Cintiq Companions...

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    So, you're not actually trying to be funny so much as discourage people you've decided are undesirable from feeling welcome here. How is that not a hostile environment?
    Personally, I feel that people who make a joke out of being trans or non-binary and then complain how they're "SU OPPREZED" are the types of people the community is better off without; I'd much rather not see Weasyl's community become another Tumblr. I could type paragraph after paragraph about why these types of people are toxic, but I'm trying to keep this short.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Weasyl
    N/A
    I don't know what is so difficult to grasp about the fact that it wasn't just a one-off joke. It wasn't JUST a mention but a continuous thing over pages. A more accurate comic would be of a comedian telling nothing BUT racist jokes in his acts, someone gets annoyed, then he bitches and complains about the pussification of America and that they were "just a joke".

In this case, it wasn't A joke. It was MANY jokes. Of the same thing. Not only this but led to a serious query of "you know, the fuck is up with trans people?"

So either you guys suffer from dementia, willingly ignorant, or you just want to trash on a group no matter how insignificant they are regardless of any collateral damage. I'm not talking about hurt feelings but rather a hive mind of hostility that will end up being FAF 2.0 and i would very much like that we DON'T go back.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    I don't know what is so difficult to grasp about the fact that it wasn't just a one-off joke. It wasn't JUST a mention but a continuous thing over pages. A more accurate comic would be of a comedian telling nothing BUT racist jokes in his acts, someone gets annoyed, then he bitches and complains about the pussification of America and that they were "just a joke".
    Why would you pay to see a comedian's act knowing that you would be offended by it?

Also, Damian, allow me to voice the fact that, in my opinion, these jokes did not target the transgender people or the transgender thing itself, but they provided a satire around the SJW (Social Justice Warriors) attitude over it and those who exaggerate the trans condition, worship victimhood and generally tarnish the trans image. After all, the SJWs are a detriment to transgender people.

Nobody here thrashed, or wants to thrash the trans. To my knowledge, at least.

Weasyl
    N/A
    In this case, it wasn't A joke. It was MANY jokes. Of the same thing.
    Have... Have you ever seen a stand-up comedy show?

Not only this but led to a serious query of "you know, the fuck is up with trans people?"
    ...Where? I can only imagine this example being staked in the middle of a cornfield.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Vae

In this case, it wasn't A joke. It was MANY jokes. Of the same thing. Not only this but led to a serious query of "you know, the fuck is up with trans people?"

So either you guys suffer from dementia, willingly ignorant, or you just want to trash on a group no matter how insignificant they are regardless of any collateral damage. I'm not talking about hurt feelings but rather a hive mind of hostility that will end up being FAF 2.0 and i would very much like that we DON'T go back.
    Do you also get angry about any repeated jokes?
    Do we have a use limit? Do we need a forum counter before a joke or topic is banned from the forum?
    Is this really a thing?

It is not trashing on trans people to make fun of people who claim butter is a gender.
    If anything, it's trashing on people who make real gender identity issues seem like a joke, by the ridiculous things that they want to encompass within it. Like the concept of gender and transgenderism is like slapping a usertitle on yourself in real life.

I want to see where someone in this discussion shit on legitimate gender identities.
    Someone please provide an example of this, because it keeps getting tossed around without any actual proof.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    Why would you pay to see a comedian's act knowing that you would be offended by it?

Also, Damian, allow me to voice the fact that, in my opinion, these jokes did not target the transgender people or the transgender thing itself, but they provided a satire around the SJW (Social Justice Warriors) attitude over it and those who exaggerate the trans condition, worship victimhood and generally tarnish the trans image. After all, the SJWs are a detriment to transgender people.

Nobody here thrashed, or wants to thrash the trans. To my knowledge, at least.
    Who said knowledge had anything to do with seeing an act? I've listened to comedians. Not all of them but enough to know that they at least have variety. I haven't heard one yet where they were nothing but racist and sexist jokes of all their acts.
    No but it was getting close to it by
    https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...ll=1#post85239
    Agender and gender-fluid fall under the transgender spectrum and aren't simple "made up".
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Have... Have you ever seen a stand-up comedy show?

...Where? I can only imagine this example being staked in the middle of a cornfield.
    I have a feeling you just have no idea what you're talking about half the time. See above.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Agender and gender-fluid fall under the transgender spectrum and aren't simple "made up".
    Ok so you have a problem with what Kurk2288 said specifically. Why are you blaming everyone else, whom all clearly at one point or another stated that it's kin jokes not transgender jokes, for what that one person said? Why don't you just initiate a dialogue/conversation/debate with Kurk specifically?

That post doesn't seem very hostile, just slightly misinformed. For example you can easily just counter that gender is a reflection of cultural/societal norms over physiological ones, or that it's just predominantly male/female because that's the only two sexes our species has. It can be a rather fruitful discussion.

I mean, you do know what debate means right?
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Personally I think the "We say what we want, fuck yo' feelings" crowd strayed a little too far into douchebag territory this time.