Page 436 of 517 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 5170
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Oh.

Sorry that people are easily offended by amiibos.

Also, generally speaking, I think I finally fell in love hard with my cintiq. I can't get over how great the tablet Wacom's are (I'm using the Cintiq Hybrid). I never thought I'd make use of the android drawing apps, but damn, for sketching they aren't damn bad. I've been using some of the stock ones they had on here, but then I got art flow and BOOM! I have to take this out on a field day to the zoo. Its been a few months since I got to seriously sit down and use it, but as of the past few weeks, I've been able to get in some good sketch sessions with it.
    I'm offended that there aren't any koopaling amiibos.
    Someone sue Nintendo.

After getting used to using a screenless tablet for so long, it's hard for me to even use paper.
    I'm not used to my hand overlapping my field of vision anymore.
    I don't know how I'd react to having a Cintiq.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    Guys. REALLY? No one is saying you can't make jokes ever. But when you're going on the same one for several pages don't you think that's a LITTLE MUCH? I mean, fucking Christ there's a difference between a one-off giggle at something and a continuing thing. You shits were complaining about basic respect for people who are fat but god forbid a trans person wants to use proper pronouns and you make a huge scene of it. Even for the most ridiculous ones it can still make someone uncomfortable to even ask because of the backlash because they don't want to be lumped in with "those people".

Fucking shit you bitches dare whine about maturity when you yourselves aren't mature enough to realize enough is enough and maybe things go on far enough THEN YOU BITCH ABOUT IT IN ANOTHER THREAD?? Do you seriously lack that much self awareness?
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Guys. REALLY? No one is saying you can't make jokes ever. But when you're going on the same one for several pages don't you think that's a LITTLE MUCH? I mean, fucking Christ there's a difference between a one-off giggle at something and a continuing thing. You shits were complaining about basic respect for people who are fat but god forbid a trans person wants to use proper pronouns and you make a huge scene of it. Even for the most ridiculous ones it can still make someone uncomfortable to even ask because of the backlash because they don't want to be lumped in with "those people".

Fucking shit you bitches dare whine about maturity when you yourselves aren't mature enough to realize enough is enough and maybe things go on far enough THEN YOU BITCH ABOUT IT IN ANOTHER THREAD?? Do you seriously lack that much self awareness?
    My dear Damian, I think you may have contacted a nasty case of...
    "Disdain for Plebs"

c:

No worries, I am afflicted by it as well. You must have took it from me, maybe.
    Last edited by Eduard; 06-23-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Weasyl
    Vae

The Grinds Your Gears thread is meant for ranting. This is the General Discussion thread.
    Meant for discussing things.
    It's a relevant topic from another thread.
    So why doesn't it belong here, exactly?

There's a huge amount of difference between "I want to be addressed as he / she / they" and "I want to be addressed as bun / space / xxxh9".

I'm just gonna copy and paste some of my text from a PM convo, because it's relevant:

Quote Originally Posted by Vae
    It's not making fun of the concepts of gender and kintypes, themselves, so much as the absurdities people can be guilty of in the way they stretch these concepts out to encompass things they were never meant to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae
    Now, if someone was coming in making fun of people for having certain gender identities or religions or whatever, yes, they should be shut down for that. Immediately.
    But, otherwise, this borders on "Please warn for the color orange. Orange is my trigger." territory, and I don't think that's the kind of attitude the site needs to encourage. It already creates a gross enough mentality on other ones, where people use it as an excuse to be openly hostile under claims of persecution, for the most minor of nitpicks.

It's a double edged sword.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I say just ignore him when he tries to do that. It really helps. (I won't address this topic any more after this, because it's a beaten horse)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    A rain storm be comin' your way, Umbra~

@Toshiba: Does a Cintiq take much getting used to, or did you find it pretty easy and natural? ;o

Its some getting used to, but its a LOT simpler imo.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 06-23-2015 at 11:10 AM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Holy shit. It's really more like this, I think.

The point isn't about the dead horse itself, nobody cares about dead horses. Or at least they shouldn't, as that'd be genuinely malicious. The point is that we've reached a point where once well-respected comedians like Jerry Seinfeld, for example, are telling other comedians to avoid colleges or performing for college age-groups because they've become notorious for not understanding or appreciating humor.

Or, to quote a small piece of his overall point:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld
    “They just want to use these words: ‘That’s racist;’ ‘That’s sexist;’ ‘That’s prejudice,’” he said. “They don’t know what the hell they’re talking about.”

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline

I don't know about anyone else, but I fully support LGBT+, I just like to parody how Vae describes it, the "orange is my trigger" mentality. If someone wants me to use they/it/xir pronouns to refer to them, I'll respect their wishes without a second thought; these -kin pronouns are parodying the trans and non-binary communities and trivializing the problems they face for being trans or non-binary when these posers go around saying "I'M CAT-KIN, RESPECT MUH PRONOUNS!" To be realistic, nobody outside of Tumblr is going to respect -kin pronouns; if someone says "I'm plantkin, please call me plantself" to someone in real life, they're gonna look at them like they're crazy. On the internet: tell any 4Chan board(/b/ or /pol/ for even more havoc) to respect -kin pronouns and that person is very likely to get doxxed and trolled to hell and back.

We aren't encouraging a hostile environment; we just don't want this kind of ridiculousness in our community because anyone on the internet can see the damage it's done to Tumblr.
    Last edited by GlaringFeline; 06-23-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I'm crockin, but everyone pretty much told me to go F myself. Even the elitist otherkin people. Guess I'm not cool enough to get the respect I deserve, so I'm okay with that.

Weasyl
    Recel
    Everyone I know seems to have a Cintiq... I want to be rich too! >