Page 414 of 517 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 5170
    Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Haven't been really interested in going to cons lately. Might be because of the expenses. I just don't see it being worth that much money to go. Especially, if the artists alley etc. is limited/small. Most of the stuff in the dealers room is usually corporate trying to make money off of you.

Last time I was at a con I bought a figure for about $30 and found it online later for half the price. They can really screw you over. :/

I remember my one friend was ridiculous enough to buy eeveelution plushies that were about the size of a chihuahua and were sold for $50 each. She bought every eeveelution plush which at the time totaled to $400. Not to mention this was all her parents money and they certainly weren't well off. :/

Aah, the only things I've bought at cons so far have been bookmarks, buttons and such from artists I know. That and I tend to go for fandom-themed things (like a TARDIS-tote I've been eyeing) from the independent creators.

It may sometimes be a bit more expensive than the massproduced pieces, but I personally love the handmade-part of it.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Aah, the only things I've bought at cons so far have been bookmarks, buttons and such from artists I know. That and I tend to go for fandom-themed things (like a TARDIS-tote I've been eyeing) from the independent creators.

It may sometimes be a bit more expensive than the massproduced pieces, but I personally love the handmade-part of it.
    When I do go to cons now I purposely go for handmade/artist made works. I think the times I went to cons there wasn't that much in terms of smaller items like stickers etc. But now I feel as though there's much more of it which is great for frugal con-goers. 8'D

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Well, it ended up being a blast despite the fact that I'm an extreme introvert and not really a furry. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and great for people watching (because furries are incredibly entertaining when they're all together I've noticed). Some pretty awesome costumes and the biggest kicker was that I met an old artist friend from high school who turns out is a fursuit maker now. Huh, never would have guessed she would get into that.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I think I can understand the appeal of Furry Conventions, and why it seems to instill a certain tight-knit feeling for Furries. It reminded me a lot of Renaissance Fairs.

I am getting really close to finishing my Weasyl app thing. Two, maybe three more features and a bunch of error checking and I'll be able to release a beta...

There are a lot of little things I'd love to do, like code signing, but I don't have the money to get a certificate for it. I also would like to do a Mac version, but that kind of requires a Mac...

But soon, I'll be ready to put it up on my site!

I hope people donate though.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    Yes! I just past biology with a 89 on my eoc!
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Holy shit. This site needs a fix to it's submission deletion function. o-o
    Like a mass deletion option would be nice. But at the very least...why does it take so long and why does it redirect to my site settings when I remove an upload? That's so tedious. lol
    I'm glad I haven't had to delete anything yet, because that does sound tedious. :/

I know I've been fiddling with my folder organization a lot lately, though. As much as I love having folders for my submissions, I can never seem to find the folder options when I need them, since I'm always forgetting where the option is. I wish there was an "Edit Folders" option inside the submissions gallery itself, but maybe that's just me. ^^;

Also, anyone else wish there were folders for submissions and characters? I think it would be nice to be able to sort my characters by the stories/worlds they belong to.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Met an artist that took all her stuff down off of FA because she found her art on IMVU. In case anyone didn't think a certain someone who promised it wouldn't happen wasn't full of shit.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Met an artist that took all her stuff down off of FA because she found her art on IMVU. In case anyone didn't think a certain someone who promised it wouldn't happen wasn't full of shit.
    I found it hard to believe that promise to begin with, considering that theft of FA art on IMVU was already happening before the purchase of FA. I doubt anything was done about it back then, either.

I'm still wondering what to do with my FA stuff, myself. I can:
    1. Leave it there and just move over here,
    2. Delete my stuff (or deactivate my account) and leave, or
    3. Keep posting both here and there.

I'm not sure what to decide because I have more followers on FA than on here, and most of them probably don't have Weasyl accounts... But then again, even though I have more FA followers, it's still somewhere under 50 people, last I checked. >>;