Page 101 of 517 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5170
    I don't pay much attention to the news in general, but you're right it'd be nice if he would stop showing up in it. The fact that I have an inkling of how terrible his behavior is, is a pretty good indication of how much he must be in it to me if it's managing to trickle down to my end.

It'd be pretty cool if America put a ban on him though (similar to what Japan did to the Beatles after catching them with drugs lol).

Even if he is a product of not having someone to tell him how to not be a magnificent jerk off, I'm not excusing him for his behavior, particularly when it puts people in physical danger. If he somehow manages to reform in the future fine, I won't hold it against him, but to hear often enough for several years in a row about dangerous conduct from him really does not make me inclined to have a nice outlook on him.

I don't even care if his music is good or bad, cause I've never heard any of it, I just care that he has on more than one occasion put people in danger.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Well yes, but again, that's a product of the industry making him more "entertaining". People love to hate on Bieber. He generates news instantly. He sells products. As long as he stays in the news, good or bad, the industry generally wins lol, and the authorities won't come down as hard because it can cause... problems. America absolutely loves watching someone self-destruct, it's almost like a national pastime. Just go walk through a magazine aisle or read the news. They wouldn't report it if people didn't pay attention.

I'm not saying he's a good person or anything. Just, see both sides of it. There are people enabling him and pulling the strings.
    I agree. The kid is an idiot, but he is... a kid. A lot of kids are idiots; it just means they aren't done developing as people. How many of us would be perfect role models if we constantly had cameras following us throughout our teens? And a lot of money and fame will warp people. It'll warp adults surely enough, but kids? Yikes. That's a lot of pressure to not screw up for your young fans (or face the wrath of the general public) so when they do screw up, they tend to screw up big. Mara Wilson wrote a thing on it.

This in no way excuses a DUI. Christ, kid has enough money he could pay a limo to follow him around whenever he wanted, there is no excuse to drive drunk.

I just question our collective fascination with broadcasting and preying upon the mistakes famous people make, just because they are famous. I suppose I understand why (gossip sells) but it doesn't really do anyone any good.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonops View Post
    This in no way excuses a DUI. Christ, kid has enough money he could pay a limo to follow him around whenever he wanted, there is no excuse to drive drunk.

I just question our collective fascination with broadcasting and preying upon the mistakes famous people make, just because they are famous. I suppose I understand why (gossip sells) but it doesn't really do anyone any good.
    Oh yeah, I don't excuse the DUI either. It's just going to be another link in the chain, though. He won't learn his lesson, so it'll just open the door for him to do worse things. Doesn't mean he will, but it doesn't help his chances.

As for the latter, my pathetic father once put it best, "I like watching stuff like the news, Cops, and famous people screwing up because it makes me feel better about myself." Not only is it gossip material, but it genuinely makes people feel better about themselves. You can just see people snorting, "Oh, if I had that much money, I'd never do XYZ like he did."

He's a teenager with lots of money and no one to moderate him. I suppose I should also be annoyed that whoever his guardians are don't keep him under control as well. Except I never hear anything about them, so it's harder to get annoyed with them. My dislike for him would be the same if I had no idea who he was and was told about the various things he has done.

I do have to admit though, I felt a huge wave of disappointment when one of my 8th graders walked into the classroom with a giant "BOYFRIEND" poster with Bieber on it bought at the book fair. I should be happy I am generally isolated from pop-culture, cause who knows to what levels my annoyance with him would reach if I actually hear more than a bit on the radio, or a post one of the social websites I frequent.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Ugh

what a fruit
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Greg Striata
    So this is basically the General Time Wasting Thread: Weasyl Edtion, right? XD

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    I just got off work, where I had a patient that thought Terminator was real, that we were going to turn him into a robot, and kept asking me questions trying to figure out if I was a robot.

That's all. I just had to share that.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Greg Striata
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    I just got off work, where I had a patient that thought Terminator was real, that we were going to turn him into a robot, and kept asking me questions trying to figure out if I was a robot.

That's all. I just had to share that.
    Sorry, what exactly is your occupation, if you don't mind me prying?

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Sorry, what exactly is your occupation, if you don't mind me prying?
    Nursing assistant in a neurology ICU. Lots of post-ops from brain surgery there, so confusion is pretty much the norm and it's rarely boring. Often I get individually assigned to some of the crazier ones that don't quite need a dedicated RN, to make sure they don't rip out their IVs/nasogastric tubes/extraventricular drains (oh god especially the EVDs) or climb out of bed and go splat on the floor.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Greg Striata
    Oh man, I had to go to neurology once to get a slef inflicted pellet unstuck from the nasal cavity, there were some really nice, reasonable people but there was the odd scream and nonsense in the middle of the night, especially when drips were getting changed out. You must have to be so incredibly alert.