Page 95 of 517 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zarya View Post
    Heard back from my first college re: application.

Rejected!
    This is going to be a bad night.
    Don't lose heart; work through your emotions with the rejection, but I'll tell you that I got rejected from a bunch myself. I ended up getting off the waitlist immediately for my second highest ranked choice, but I had to wait all the way until May for that and had resigned myself to going somewhere else 'til then. It's not over yet, man.

Weasyl
    Saga
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I'm stunned Tumblr and Facebook haven't exploded with the news of JB getting cuffed.
    Almost fucking proud.
    Twitter failed at that
    Youtube never stood a chance

Weasyl
    ZaryaRaccoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Don't lose heart; work through your emotions with the rejection, but I'll tell you that I got rejected from a bunch myself. I ended up getting off the waitlist immediately for my second highest ranked choice, but I had to wait all the way until May for that and had resigned myself to going somewhere else 'til then. It's not over yet, man.
    It tells me to "offer reconsideration" so I'm not good enough for my major.

It tells me to "offer reconsideration" so I'm not good enough for my major.
    Despite all my years of experience with college admissions between me and my older brother, I had to go look that term up. Are you applying to Purdue, by any chance? That's the only college I see this associated with at a quick glance. I would let yourself rest tonight, and then contact the department/admissions office very soon re-iterating your interest and qualifications in the program of your choice. It won't hurt, trust me; admissions gets more competitive every year, and plenty of kids who deserve it get pushed aside for the dumbest reasons. If you fight back hard enough, you might have a chance.

Weasyl
    ZaryaRaccoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Despite all my years of experience with college admissions between me and my older brother, I had to go look that term up. Are you applying to Purdue, by any chance? That's the only college I see this associated with at a quick glance. I would let yourself rest tonight, and then contact the department/admissions office very soon re-iterating your interest and qualifications in the program of your choice. It won't hurt, trust me; admissions gets more competitive every year, and plenty of kids who deserve it get pushed aside for the dumbest reasons. If you fight back hard enough, you might have a chance.
    yes, it is purdue. for chemical engineering. i don't want to call them and hear how stupid i am and don't belong in whatever program because my standardized test scores were crappy to them or whatever BS reason they have.

yes, it is purdue. for chemical engineering. i don't want to call them and hear how stupid i am and don't belong in whatever program because my standardized test scores were crappy to them or whatever BS reason they have.
    Sometimes fighting back is the only difference between reconsidering someone and leaving the rest of the pile to rot; they aren't out to get you, they want to see that fire. A bunch of people want to get into that program, sure, and they all look good, but there's only so many ways to decide, and they're going to make the wrong decision every year at least once. So tell them that they're wrong, that your standardized score doesn't tell the whole story. I mean, you were not flat out denied. They deem you smart enough to be part of their community, and from what I read it pretty much means you'll be very easily accepted into other programs. Sometimes that's just the shitty breaks, but they're not going to tell you you're stupid.

I'm not guaranteeing anything, but it'll give you some fire, and that will stick with you even in loss. Just a suggestion, though. I hope you at least give some time to consider what I've shared.

Wow I hope chemical engineering isn't as hard for me to get into(if I don't decide a different major by the end of this school year)

Weasyl
    ZaryaRaccoon
    i had to herd cattle once
    no they're not
    they poop on each other and piss and smell awful
    it was terrible

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Can we just discuss casually how adorable and pretty cows are?

https://24.media.tumblr.com/1b6436df...udkfo1_500.jpg
    They're adorable and tasty. Best of both worlds. My father's from Texas and he has all kinds of cow related stuff, including an anthro cow figure sitting down reading a newspaper. Like in a business suit, too. It's pretty funny.

Weasyl
    Antronach
    Really, you can make anything adorable if you try hard enough. Even things that are vile and should be given. Lots of space. Like cows. :l