Page 37 of 517 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Because depression, self-harm, and eating disorders aren't "real, serious" problems, neat

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    Because depression, self-harm, and eating disorders aren't "real, serious" problems, neat
    That is not what I am saying at all. I am saying that it is disrespectful to those who have those problems that she uses it to gain attention.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Yeah, you'd think with those problems she'd be a little more introverted. A lot of the people I've known who cut themselves keep it a dark secret of theirs. They don't shove it in people's faces.

Weasyl
    Recel
    Quote Originally Posted by PapayaShark View Post
    That is not what I am saying at all. I am saying that it is disrespectful to those who have those problems that she uses it to gain attention.
    It's just the same as disrespecting her problem. I know desperately seeking attention is kind of a frowned upon problem nowadays, but in my opinion when it pairs with self-harm, even just a bit, it shouldn't be just swept away like that. Because, if she doesn't gets the attention she wants she might eventually take more desperate actions to get it.

It's hard dealing with people like her, since if you give in, she won't change, if not she might do something really bad to herself. I'm sure she could be confronted in some way, tho I have no idea how.

Just my worthless cent on the subject. Never mind it really.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    It's just the same as disrespecting her problem. I know desperately seeking attention is kind of a frowned upon problem nowadays, but in my opinion when it pairs with self-harm, even just a bit, it shouldn't be just swept away like that. Because, if she doesn't gets the attention she wants she might eventually take more desperate actions to get it.

It's hard dealing with people like her, since if you give in, she won't change, if not she might do something really bad to herself. I'm sure she could be confronted in some way, tho I have no idea how.

It ain't worthless, you do have a point. The girl's already trying to get attention, and with her being unhealthy in the first place, she can go so far to have all eyes on her. It can be frustrating when she's not even letting you help her, but the fact still stands that she does have a legit problem.

It's just I don't know man, the horse just doesn't want to drink.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    It's just I don't know man, the horse just doesn't want to drink.
    Sums it up perfectly

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post

Its not really cutting, its more like red scratches to show off. Nothing that hurts really. And I know she wont do anything more drastic, she is way to much of a pussy to do it. I bet is just average high school bullshit, but its still annoying the crap out of me.

Weasyl
    N/A
    So apparently my parents want to take me to a doctor, worried about my depression and unnatural desire for booze.

Took them long enough to notice.

I actually feel glad. I just wish I knew why I refused to ever ask, ever. I'm a real fool.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I have to take a ballet class auugghhhh

Weasyl
    Meii
    I've felt sick all day battling a heavy migraine and wanting to vomit, no idea why either D:

Also in a week I shall have a tilt table scan to see if I have POTS or not, I'm actually excited more so then worried, just because I would love to finally have a proper diagnosis for all my weird symptoms.