Page 303 of 517 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 5170
    Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    *laughs* I seriously cannot believe this part of the post is a real thing. You've got to be yanking my chain. We could always stand to use some more traffic, though. It'll come in due time.
    Well I mostly post in the entertainment section where if you ignore the avatars it's just vanilla nerds talking about video games.

I meant that I'm not really trying to be a presence around here and that maybe I should try.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Saga
    Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    Man, I'm thinking about bouncing from Weasyl. I arrived in the FAF exodus and initially I assumed it was an actual furry place but the attitude of "We're not furry! Look!" is a little off putting. I'm not an artist, so without a supported furry atmosphere I don't really have a strong attachment. Plus this place isn't too active.

I don't know where I'd go, but I'm giving it some thought.
    I made a bit of a storm on my way out from faf, so I cant go back, but I feel a bit of the same about weasyl though.
    I've moved on to 4chan, which is nice with the anonimity but I don't know.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    All the fun bits moved to their own personal Skype/Steam/Whatever chats anyway.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    I made a bit of a storm on my way out from faf, so I cant go back, but I feel a bit of the same about weasyl though.
    I've moved on to 4chan, which is nice with the anonimity but I don't know.
    I've done the same, I used to pop into 4chan every now and then, now I'm going every day.

Idk... Most of the people I liked the company of also stopped turning up to FAF/Weasyl.

Weasyl
    Daisy La Liebre
    I'm back in England now. My God, was that a long journey. I hate flying so much.

Weasyl
    Recel
    Well, the forum is slow, so people lose interest and leave. Which makes it even slower.
    There's just not enough "active" people here to keep this forum running in my opinion.

And I won't "be the change you want to see". I will be the opposite for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    Well, the forum is slow, so people lose interest and leave. Which makes it even slower.
    There's just not enough "active" people here to keep this forum running in my opinion.

And I won't "be the change you want to see". I will be the opposite for now.
    I think the fact you have to make a 140char (for it to count) post doesn't attract people to open their mouths. Oftentimes all that's needed is few words to make others laugh and whatnot.
    Making people speak when there's not much to speak about feels stupid, I know I feel forced to babble along too much to make the posts seem more "thoughtful", and that's one of the biggest things I hate on this site

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3028
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I think the fact you have to make a 140char (for it to count) post doesn't attract people to open their mouths. Oftentimes all that's needed is few words to make others laugh and whatnot.
    Yeah, it only needs 140 characters to count. You can still post if it's under, so I don't see how that's a problem. Why is it a big deal if it doesn't count? I'd personally prefer a system like GameFAQs that runs on karma instead of post count, but that's what we've got to work with here.

Otherwise, this last page or so of the thread has made me pretty sad. Glad that I'm getting so busy with real life stuff, though I wish I could make things better for folks.

In other news, went to a dog show today, never had been to one before. Just happened to be transporting a Westminster competing champion GSD in my car due to some unusual circumstances, but it was a lot of fun and now the back is all covered in dog hair haha. Even got paid for it. Was a fun day though, so many beautiful dogs and puppies. Also got a call for an interview at Seattle's aquarium, but it was only for a temp relief position, so meh.
    Last edited by Rory; 06-27-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    It's ok, Rory. Hewge is here bby~

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Yeah, it only needs 140 characters to count. You can still post if it's under, so I don't see how that's a problem. Why is it a big deal if it doesn't count? I'd personally prefer a system like GameFAQs that runs on karma instead of post count, but that's what we've got to work with here.

Otherwise, this last page or so of the thread has made me pretty sad. Glad that I'm getting so busy with real life stuff, though I wish I could make things better for folks.

In other news, went to a dog show today, never had been to one before. Just happened to be transporting a Westminster competing champion GSD in my car due to some unusual circumstances, but it was a lot of fun and now the back is all covered in dog hair haha. Even got paid for it. Was a fun day though, so many beautiful dogs and puppies. Also got a call for an interview at Seattle's aquarium, but it was only for a temp relief position, so meh.
    Small post count=new despite the time they've spent here, and nobody likes being the new kid in school. Not only that, but it emphasizes on overthinking things with it's "meaningful posts" and makes this place feel a tad elitist by discouraging short replies that make up for most of real conversations.
    Remind me again, why does it have to be like this?