Page 362 of 517 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 5170
  1. #3611
    Premium User Runefox's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Runefox
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NL, Canada
    Posts
    481
    Wait, so if there's a difference between hating someone for being a part of an ethnic group (not OK) and hating someone for self-identifying as part of a group (OK), does that make it OK to be transphobic if you've had bad experiences with transfolk?

  2. #3612
    Senior DrunkCat's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    WA
    Gender
    OmniMale
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    If you don't think there's a correlation between ethnic group and religion then I don't know what to tell you lmao

    Like once again stop comparing your need to self identify as a "Gamer" with being born into a culture
    Hey man, I don't like you pushing a label on me. Are all Manna's like this? I guess it doesn't matter, they just have to chec-- I mean, condemn and work to make themselves better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    Wait, so if there's a difference between hating someone for being a part of an ethnic group (not OK) and hating someone for self-identifying as part of a group (OK), does that make it OK to be transphobic if you've had bad experiences with transfolk?
    And it's ok to hate people whose ethnic background doesn't jive with their chosen religion.
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 01-08-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

  3. #3613
    Senior Manna's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Manna
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    ORGONON GURL
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    Wait, so if there's a difference between hating someone for being a part of an ethnic group (not OK) and hating someone for self-identifying as part of a group (OK), does that make it OK to be transphobic if you've had bad experiences with transfolk?
    No?

    Like you should already know the answer to this question???

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Hey man, I don't like you pushing a label on me. Are all Manna's like this? I guess it doesn't matter, they just have to chec-- I mean, condemn and work to make themselves better.
    Lmao I critique the gamer community for being transphobic and then this dude calls me a man

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    And it's ok to hate people whose ethnic background doesn't jive with their chosen religion.
    There have been essays written by people far more qualified to talk than me on the subject lmao

    Like that's an intracommunity issue amoungst certain ethnic groups and not something you can bait me into talking about out of turn
    Last edited by Manna; 01-08-2015 at 04:56 PM.

  4. #3614
    Premium User Runefox's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Runefox
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NL, Canada
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    And it's ok to hate people whose ethnic background doesn't jive with their chosen religion.
    Well obviously you have to judge people based on their belief systems. How else are you supposed to be inherently superior if you can't be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    No?

    Like you should already know the answer to this question???
    Oh? Why not? I know the answer, but it seems there are some who don't seem to understand the reasons why.

  5. #3615
    Senior DrunkCat's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    WA
    Gender
    OmniMale
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Lmao I critique the gamer community for being transphobic and then this dude calls me a man
    You did? Was this before or after you declared that it's ok to be prejudice and bigoted against individuals because of their voluntary associations?
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

  6. #3616
    Senior Manna's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Manna
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    ORGONON GURL
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    Oh? Why not? I know the answer, but it seems there are some who don't seem to understand the reasons why.
    Because there's a cis/trans power dynamic that doesn't exist with non-gamer/Gamer???

    Like do I really have to explain that when I said "there's a difference between self identifying as being a gamer" and "being part of an ethnic group" that the logic stood for marginalized groups in general

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    You did? Was this before or after you declared that it's ok to be prejudice and bigoted against individuals because of their voluntary associations?
    what so you're misgendering me because I critiqued the gamer community for being transphobic? You're only proving that point right lmao

  7. #3617
    Senior DrunkCat's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    WA
    Gender
    OmniMale
    Posts
    501
    I understand that it must be traumatic to answer questions given the lack of answers, but now I'm curious as to when I misgendered you?
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

  8. #3618
    Senior DrunkCat's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    WA
    Gender
    OmniMale
    Posts
    501
    *Gasp* Vocative phrases now have genders? Learn something new everyday. My apologies.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

  9. #3619
    Premium User Runefox's Avatar


    Weasyl
    Runefox
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NL, Canada
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Because there's a cis/trans power dynamic that doesn't exist with non-gamer/Gamer???
    So despite the fact that it's self-identifying in either case, the notion of a power dynamic means it's not OK. What about pedophiles and zoophiles? They're self-identifying groups of people who are marginalized and even criminalized. I suppose it's not OK to persecute them, either?

    Like do I really have to explain that when I said "there's a difference between self identifying as being a gamer" and "being part of an ethnic group" that the logic stood for marginalized groups in general
    Yes. Because "gamer" is a label whose only criteria is having the hobby of playing video games. It transcends race, religion, sex, gender, age, etc. It is perhaps one of the most non-specific labels that you can apply to someone. There is no part of "being a gamer" that involves the m-word, any kind of bigotry or racism; However, you've shown repeatedly that you are willing to prosecute an entire group of people whose only connection is a hobby based on the actions of the few, up to and including Muslims and the extremist groups that use the religion as an excuse to do harm. I struggle to think of a more repugnant, prejudiced thing you could possibly say.

    And you take offence so easily to the most minor slip by anyone against you or anyone you consider "marginalized"? Shameful.

  10. #3620
    Senior Manna's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Manna
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    ORGONON GURL
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    *Gasp* Vocative phrases now have genders? Learn something new everyday. My apologies.
    If you want to not get in trouble for calling a trans woman a "man" you might want to come up with a more sincere sounding apology lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    So despite the fact that it's self-identifying in either case, the notion of a power dynamic means it's not OK. What about pedophiles and zoophiles? They're self-identifying groups of people who are marginalized and even criminalized. I suppose it's not OK to persecute them, either?
    If you don't think there's a difference between rapists and trans people then I'm sorry but not even I have the patience to help you anymore


    Yes. Because "gamer" is a label whose only criteria is having the hobby of playing video games.
    You're wrong. I know plenty of people who play videogames, myself included, who don't identify with "gamer culture". That's the thing with self identifying lables, you choose whether to associate with it or not (not everyone who likes MLP identifies as a "Brony", not everyone who likes anthro characters identifies as a "Furry" etc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    And you take offence so easily to the most minor slip by anyone against you or anyone you consider "marginalized"? Shameful.
    Being considered a "Man in a dress" instead of a woman is literally the reason why I'm not expected to live past the decade

    Like it'll be a miracle if I live past 30 because chances are someone will see me, think I'm a "trap" and then kill me. An act that's actually legal in 49 states (google how California recently became the first state to criminalize the "trans panic" defense)

    Being called a man isn't a "minor offense", you don't get to choose for me how severely that affects me
    Last edited by Manna; 01-08-2015 at 05:19 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •