Page 340 of 517 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 5170
    Hello, twisty.

And about ratings...I don't know. I'm quite conservative when it comes to ratings. I know I once reblogged an anatomy tutorial on Tumblr, and it didn't have the naughty bits drawn in, but someone still unfollowed me as a result. I've also gotten chewed out for implied homosexuality (two men fully clothed, drinking coffee, talking about how cute their respective boyfriends are), but I honestly don't give a darn if people get mad about that.

I only worry if someone unfollows me, and I worry I said something insensitive, or made them upset, or something. Unless it's them getting upset that I'm against bigotry, which is something I won't apologize for.

More people need to know about XKit and Tumblr Savior. I know some people say, "Oh, nothing triggers me, so I don't need it," but really, if something bothers you on Tumblr, for any reason, ranging from perfectly logical to totally illogical, download it and start blacklisting things. Whatever makes you comfortable.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Ahhh man.
    It's been so long since I've been here. ;^;

Weasyl
    Hewge
    It's Ra-Ra-Red! :]

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    I notice a common trend here on the forums I comment on something and then the topic goes dead, what's up with that? Look for yourselves and see how many topics end with me as the last commenter. xD

the only thing that truly bothers me on tumblr is probably superwholock.

in fact most of the real life tv shows fandoms in tumblr bother me, it seems they are made for nothing but to have fantasies about the men in them, which i mean is not wrong to have any kind of fantasies, but when thats all you see it tends to become annoying.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by twisty View Post
    the only thing that truly bothers me on tumblr is probably superwholock.
    in fact most of the real life tv shows fandoms in tumblr bother me, it seems they are made for nothing but to have fantasies about the men in them, which i mean is not wrong to have any kind of fantasies, but when thats all you see it tends to become annoying.
    Perhaps this could be seen as a metaphor of sorts! A metaphor for a phenomenon already in existence.
    I mean, objectifying a gender-figure from popular mainstream media to the point of pulling them down past their actual acting talent?
    How completely and totally unheard of. 0:

Except that it's not. Honestly I see it as no worse as how women are portrayed and drooled over in say, Reddit territory (who have a whole subreddit dedicated to Emma Watson--among numerous others). That's not to even get near how 4chan objectifies and tears down, well, ANYONE.

I'm not really justifying it, since ALL actors and actresses should be seen as human beings and artists that are more than the sum of their appearance/attractiveness, but I'm also not saying that it's..well... necessarily a bad thing.

But I guess if you want to boil this down to JUST tumblr, I guess it is rather annoying.
    Seriously, most of the Dr.Who actors aren't even that attractive. It's really their acting that makes them so special.
    But maybe... that's the appeal as well? These are people who watch the show and identify with them and are attracted to the personalities of these men, but are only able to express it succinctly in an image based format?

Maybe I'm complicating things. But you raised an actually pretty interesting question with some interesting implications. Props.
    Also hi. Welcome to the forums. :DD

Quote Originally Posted by medacris View Post
    Welcome back, Red-- nice to meet you! And Hewge, you seem really nice.
    Hiya! Nice to meet you too. C:

Thank you, Red! You pretty much took the words out of my mouth. And I think that's honestly a lot of the reason I'm attracted to certain characters-- it's the way they act, their personality quirks, the decisions they make, the jokes they crack that make them attractive to me. Not so much their appearance. But I'm really not interested in the actors behind them, I can't say I really follow anyone too closely (beyond reblogging nice photographs of them from time to time). Their personal lives are none of my business, and honestly, a few of the actors I really like ended up being terrible people, once I started reading interviews of them.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    People get offended by Pusheen the Cat. Trust me, you'll hurt someone's worthless feelings one day even if you did nothing. So don't worry about it.
    As long as you aren't overtly, willingly spreading any kind of malicious hate, you're fine.
    I agree with you, for the most part. I don't think feelings are always worthless, or that you should never care about the feelings of strangers, but no one has the right to control your interests, or make you feel guilty for not being a carbon clone of them. Because if nobody's sending me messages saying they're upset or triggered, it's most likely "Ugh, how dare this person post something I'm disinterested in, even if they only post it once every three months?!"