Page 350 of 517 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 5170
    Weasyl
    Manna
    I wore a witches hat and that's it because putting anymore than a single dollar into this holiday would have been ridiculous

Weasyl
    Hewge
    A single 'group' of trick or treaters knocked on my door for lollies this Halloween!

The catch was; nobody celebrates Halloween here. At all.
    Nobody in this whole town had any sort of decorations or involvement with anything remotely Halloweeny... I've never heard or experienced anyone doing this holiday here my whole life.

These people were like, 20 years old too. All of this and they were expecting people to give them free stuff.

They also called me an arsehole for not having anything to give them... I don't like this holiday ;[

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3493

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    I only bought one bag of candy this year and I still have like half the fucking thing left.

I'm trying to lose weight and the neighborhood kids don't even have the decency to clean out my meager stash. :c
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco

Yes, Happy Halloween indeed. I bring you a great animation and song.
    Unggh I love Mystery Skulls so much. I am 100% bummed about missing him while he was still playing DJ sets in Dallas before he moved to LA. Gettin' all successful and shit, pfft. >:[
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3495

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    I just caught a full stream of a patient's bloody sputum square in the chest.

I've never been happier to have been wearing isolation PPE.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    kitty5327
    meow ^w^

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I'm so flipping vexed. I commissioned two artists over a month ago and haven't heard anything from them. That would be fine, but I keep getting 'One more week'ed and most frustratingly they've each put out a dozen pics since then. One of them is taking more commissions now without finishing one of the six she took initially.

I know I can't complain because they're the artist, or something, but it's so annoying being in the dark. If they gave me some valid reason why they aren't done (work, laziness, anything) I'd be fine. The lack of communication drives me nuts.

Especially because I already paid them -_-
    Last edited by sassySloth; 11-04-2014 at 07:52 PM.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    I'm so flipping vexed. I commissioned two artists over a month ago and haven't heard anything from them. That would be fine, but I keep getting 'One more week'ed and most frustratingly they've each put out a dozen pics since then. One of them is taking more commissions now without finishing one of the six she took initially.

I know I can't complain because they're the artist, or something, but it's so annoying being in the dark. If they gave me some valid reason why they aren't done (work, laziness, anything) I'd be fine. The lack of communication drives me nuts.

Especially because I already paid them -_-
    I don't know how I would feel about that, because a month really isn't that long, imo.
    Depending on their workload, and how long each piece takes. (I know some of my pictures take 12 - 20 hours.)

However,

I know I can't complain because they're the artist, or something,
    No. You paid them money. You are perfectly within your rights to be concerned.

I would ask them to give you a specific deadline, by which they are certain they can complete the work. So they can't keep pulling "It's almost done, I promise."
    Or that you're going to need a refund, instead.
    Because "No, just one more week." sounds like they're pretty poor in time management, and I would be wary of that. That's how people end up on Artist Beware, with commissions that are six months overdue.
    Last edited by Vae; 11-04-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I don't know how I would feel about that, because a month really isn't that long, imo.
    Depending on their workload, and how long each piece takes. (I know some of my pictures take 12 - 20 hours.)
    That's true. One artist has the excuse of a piece being detailed and time-consuming, plus there are two of them, so I accept that. The other guy's is essentially a colored sketch. But both are giving me the "one more week" treatment which is endlessly frustrating. Though it is more like 2 months at this point.

I would ask them to give you a specific deadline, by which they are certain they can complete the work. So they can't keep pulling "It's almost done, I promise."
    Or that you're going to need a refund, instead.
    Because "No, just one more week." sounds like they're pretty poor in time management, and I would be wary of that. That's how people end up on Artist Beware, with commissions that are six months overdue.
    I am learning that they are awful at time management . You don't take on additional obligations when you haven't fulfilled your old ones. And you definitely don't tell a customer repeatedly that you're "almost done." That's just poor business sense. I love these artists but I'm not terribly interested in commissioning them again if they are going to lead me on week after week.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    I'm back posting on this place after like 6-7 months away. I'm less of a jerk, and found a BF. Plus a whole bunch of extremely weird stuff happened. And I spent a week in Portland Oregon.