Page 321 of 517 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 5170

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Ooooh, Pachoo-sama~ No need to be so coy! Hewge knew that you missed him and would return!

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3202
    Now that you've returned, I'm back to being chopped liver in the eyes of Hewge.

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Just found out that I'm allergic to cherries as my lips hav swelled up 3+ times their size

Look like fucking amanda lepore :/

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by PapayaShark View Post
    Just found out that I'm allergic to cherries as my lips hav swelled up 3+ times their size

Look like fucking amanda lepore :/
    That sucks, hope that gets better soon!

At least it is just your lips and nothing life threatening though!

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    That sucks, hope that gets better soon!

At least it is just your lips and nothing life threatening though!
    Thanks, its a bit better now.

Ugh thats one of my worries, that I'll try something new and be deady allergic to it :I Already am severy/deadly allergic to several stuff.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I have Skype, I'm just hardly ever on it.

And that sucks, Papaya.
    I don't think I've ever been allergic to anything.
    Resident Koopa Trash

I bought sushi stuff. Gonna be masterchefin' tomorrow. No idea how that'll go, first time doing sushi.
    I still need some sushi grade fish though, unless I want to get food poisoning or something.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I bought sushi stuff. Gonna be masterchefin' tomorrow. No idea how that'll go, first time doing sushi.
    I still need some sushi grade fish though, unless I want to get food poisoning or something.
    Be aware that the label "sushi-grade" is legally meaningless. Granted, most stores won't be completely unscrupulous with the term because they realize making people sick is bad for business, but you don't want to put too much trust in their competence either. Contrary to common belief, you do actually want fish that has been previously frozen, because freezing kills parasites. The other important thing is making sure your fish source takes cross-contamination seriously, changing cutting boards and sanitizing knives between each fish they cut. Avoid shared on-ice display cases as well, especially if there's swordfish in it (notorious for worms). Ideally, the cut fish should be kept individually wrapped and ready for sale, but if it arrives at the store pre-cut and wrapped, you have no way of knowing what the handling conditions were like.

It's worth asking when they received their shipment, too. The old adage used to be "Don't order fish on Mondays" because fishmongers didn't do deliveries over the weekend, though I imagine that's not as true today.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Be aware that the label "sushi-grade" is legally meaningless. Granted, most stores won't be completely unscrupulous with the term because they realize making people sick is bad for business, but you don't want to put too much trust in their competence either. Contrary to common belief, you do actually want fish that has been previously frozen, because freezing kills parasites. The other important thing is making sure your fish source takes cross-contamination seriously, changing cutting boards and sanitizing knives between each fish they cut. Avoid shared on-ice display cases as well, especially if there's swordfish in it (notorious for worms). Ideally, the cut fish should be kept individually wrapped and ready for sale, but if it arrives at the store pre-cut and wrapped, you have no way of knowing what the handling conditions were like.

It's worth asking when they received their shipment, too. The old adage used to be "Don't order fish on Mondays" because fishmongers didn't do deliveries over the weekend, though I imagine that's not as true today.
    I do know the ins and outs of fish contamination, my dad's an avid fisherman and a chef, learned a thing or two. Saying sushi grade is just quite a lot faster than making a paragraph of it.
    (There ain't no fish sellers here that advertise with "sushi grade" anyway so it's quite irrelevant)

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Alrighty. For some reason I thought I was in the cooking thread too so I thought it'd be useful to someone at least to go into detail.

Enjoy your feesh. :3
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.