Page 514 of 517 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 5170
    Quote Originally Posted by kelliegator View Post
    I just can't stand all the hateful attitudes there and how relaxed the mods are about it when they should fucking try harder and enforce the damn rules.

What a buncha pussies.
    Then it would just be like here where nobody says much at all.

Weasyl
    N/A
    That's not entirely true. It's actually gotten much better around here recently but the draconian phase certainly cleared out a lot of people and there might not be enough survivors to keep Weasyl active.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    N/A
    I doubt the heavy moderation we had awhile back killed off that many users DC. Based on people's posts here, I presume certain "refugees" have either went back or found a new home.

As bad as that may seem, it's actually a blessing and an opportunity to draw in more permanent & active users. Discussions about you know what will be starved and we can turn this so called lifeboat into a ship of it's own. Hopefully before another scandal or crisis...

Of course that depends on when the dry spell (typical to forums) is over and those of us dwelling here.

Edit: On a more personal note, I've been busy and enjoying the season. Although now I'll be around taking advantage of my cellphones' internet/browser.
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 11-15-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I meant before the furrygee crisis.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    That's not entirely true. It's actually gotten much better around here recently but the draconian phase certainly cleared out a lot of people and there might not be enough survivors to keep Weasyl active.
    You don't have to worry about that. There is enough chaos from Phoenix Corvidae lately to drive more here, or elsewhere. I should post more often.
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Again, I don't really count the transients.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    You don't have to worry about that. There is enough chaos from Phoenix Corvidae lately to drive more here, or elsewhere. I should post more often.
    If anything, they'll be staying temporarily. It never fails; we get a few permanent users but the majority come over here after shit goes down and then they go right back to where they came from. It happened when people flocked here from dA over the Core Membershit crisis.

I don't mean what I say as bitterness towards newcomers, I'm just annoyed that those leaving because of bullshit are going right back knowing that things aren't any better. If newcomers come and plan on staying, I welcome them. If someone is just poking their head in to see what it's like, they should say that in their intro thread.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    I don't know if Dragoneer's fame is starting to dwindle down, I haven't been keeping up with him lately. The popular artists probably stay because all the money is on FA. I forget who brought this point up, it might have been Zeitzbach; he...said that if the popular artists move, the fans will follow them and vise-versa. Both sides are fucked over with the FA situation because neither want to pack up and leave, whether it be because they're already indoctrinated into FA's twisted ideals or because they don't want to lose what fame they have and the artists they love by leaving. If Zeit's theory is right, if one side just bites the bullet and leaves, the other side should follow and FA will become digital ruins and hopefully a tomb for the fucked up ideals they perpetuated and failed to adhere to when convenient.
    Oh my goodness, yes. The community on FA is completely noxious, I'll celebrate the day it implodes on itself.

Like you mentioned, the only reason FA is still alive is the thriving marketplace, and people wanting to suck each other's proverbial (and sometimes literal) cocks. WHICH they could do over here just as well.

I have been considering opening a commission thread over there for the sake of business, BUT I would DEFINITELY prefer not to.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrm View Post
    Oh my goodness, yes. The community on FA is completely noxious, I'll celebrate the day it implodes on itself.

Like you mentioned, the only reason FA is still alive is the thriving marketplace, and people wanting to suck each other's proverbial (and sometimes literal) cocks. WHICH they could do over here just as well.

I have been considering opening a commission thread over there for the sake of business, BUT I would DEFINITELY prefer not to.
    It's about time the furry fandom as a whole dropped FA as it's hub, but George Carlin said it best: "We don't have time for rational solutions."

The userbase has given Dragoneer enough chances. They forgave him for the Chase incident, they forgave him for the Zausch incident, they pardoned the fact that he asked for donations and then sold FA to IMVU not long after that, and all the other shit he's done. They excused an animal-fucker and a rapist because Dragoneer implied that being these things are awwwright. At what point will the userbase draw the line, at what point will they say enough is enough?

I've considered getting a FA account in the past, but I absolutely refused after learning what I know about that piss-poor excuse of a site.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    N/A
    An entire day (in my timezone) and not even 1 post on this forum... wtf? What is so off-putting about this place? Is it the lack of community? Is it the staff? And if so why?

I feel sorry for this forum.
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!