Page 347 of 517 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 5170

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Today is my fifth anniversary with my fiancé! The only downside is that he works today, so we have to wait until the weekend to celebrate. What a bummer! :'c

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Tell him to quit his job for a few minutes. :l
    He works at Disney, so he's basically a slave. It sounds to me like The Mouse doesn't take kindly to time off. :c

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy View Post
    He works at Disney, so he's basically a slave. It sounds to me like The Mouse doesn't take kindly to time off. :c
    "The Mouse" makes it sound like he's a mobster. "Michael the Mouse".

... I suppose that would explain the harsh rules.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I guess we're going camping in a cabin this weekend, with a hot tub.

I need it, too.
    I think my back is trying to revolt from sleeping on this damn mattress upstairs. Fucking hurts.
    Resident Koopa Trash

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3465

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedal View Post
    That's pretty much how I envision Mickey Mouse, yeah.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedal View Post

... I suppose that would explain the harsh rules.
    Disney is so un-magical when you learn more about it beyond what's on the surface.

We've always referred to him as "The Mouse," and we like to joke that you can't talk bad about him on Disney property because he's everywhere... Always watching and listening (It's really not a joke, though, because they have cameras and "coyotes" at every turn. Coyotes are cast members disguised as civilians, and are usually stationed inside merchandise areas to catch thieves.). Coupled with the fact that you basically have to sell your soul to the company just to make ends meet, I'd say "The Mouse" is a fitting title. 8C

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    I read an article not long ago that said essentially the same. It painted the picture of a mini-totalitarian society where something as simple as walking past garbage was a punishable offense. It sounded like an extremely hostile work environment.

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    I haven't heard that one, but I wouldn't be surprised. I've heard that minor things like not smiling at guests and not using the two-finger point can earn you a warning or write-up. But it's not just the managers and policies that are awful. Guests can be just as cruel, if not moreso.

Yesterday, I was pin trading at Epcot, and it was close to park closing time, so I packed up and left. On your way out, you're funneled through a small exit, and there's usually one or two cast members standing there, waving goodbye and telling you to have a "magical" night or drive safely. The girl at the greeter position looked pretty run-down and tired, and she wasn't doing the goodbye schtick as quickly as usual. And this jerk walking behind me started talking to his friend about how that girl was "just standing there" and "twirling her hair and staring blankly," saying she's not doing her job. People are so quick to judge harshly, when she could've been having an awful day, dealing with problems at home, or that maybe she just wasn't feeling well.

If I'd had the courage, I would've turned around and told that guy to shut his mouth and try working the greeter position for a day, and see how willing he would be to greet every person that passed him come closing time. :/

Weasyl
    Kaedal
    People tend to judge the "menial worker" too quickly. I don't think a lot of people realise how much work is actually involved in most of the positions that look easy. Heck, people tend to take even waitresses and waiters for granted, without realising how on-point and stressful their daily jobs are. It always impresses me how they can keep a cool head and stay organized even in peak hours.

Weasyl
    Tipsy
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Went back to DA since my options for stable commissions are running low and I already had a decent following there. Within an hour, I remembered every single reason why I left last October.
    It's Facepinblr! Get with the times, you old fart! /sarcasm

But, no, really, it's getting pretty awful over there. :c
    Last edited by Tipsy; 10-24-2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: For some reason, it posted before I was done? Oh, well.