Page 364 of 517 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5170
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    In an effort to start a new discussion topic, I kinda want to get into animation and such but have no idea what kind of program is decent for that. I know flash is pretty good but I don't like to pirate and it's expensive.
    I personally love TVPaint, it's pretty simple for me! I've heard ToonBoom is also top notch, however both are quite costly (TB being the cheaper of the two - I think near 300 bux?). ;x

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3632

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Most people I know that animate (small animations) use Photoshop...which sounds tedious as fuck! \:3/
    I've done small stuff with it but it's more tedious because I like to draw in sai rather than photoshop. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    I personally love TVPaint, it's pretty simple for me! I've heard ToonBoom is also top notch, however both are quite costly (TB being the cheaper of the two - I think near 300 bux?). ;x
    I've heard amazing things about TVpaint, unfortunately I just do not have the monies for that kinda thing

Weasyl
    Runefox
    I've never really had much luck animating in Photoshop; I mostly use this really ancient program, AnimationShop, for my rare animations. Still, if you're using SAI, you might as well upgrade to 2.0 if you haven't already, though if you missed out on the CLIP Studio Paint promo a few weeks ago, that's a shame. It's the original version of Manga Studio (Manga Studio is a licensed distribution), which offers a lot of SAI-like features and a lot more. Then again, neither SAI nor CSP/MS are geared to animations… It's unfortunate, but most animations, even professional broadcast TV animations, are done in Flash nowadays. Sad, the old ways are slowly dying to the motion tween.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3634

Weasyl
    Fayv
    wait, there's a 2.0 to sai?

Weasyl
    Vae
    I've only ever animated frame-by-frame in Sai, and then putthe stills in Photoscape to turn them into a gif.

I tried flash once.
    Never again.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    wait, there's a 2.0 to sai?
    Yup. AFAIK, the 2.0 version is released in Japanese, there's a "practical beta" (I take that to mean pre-final / release candidate) of the English version available at http://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/devdept.html

Weasyl
    Saiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I tried flash once.
    Never again.
    Perhaps you'd have better luck with HTML5? I've seen some cool shit done with it.

I use photoshop to animate buuuttt.. I animate pixels mostly.
    Though I usually draw out the frames in another program (as layers in Sai for a drawing or in Graphicsgale for a pixel), import it as a psd-file (or copypaste the layers from Graphicsgale) and then just use the animation-window to add the frame speed. It's a bit of a roundabout way, I guess, but it works well enough for me.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Oh.
    I guess Ghost Rider killed GALACTUS. :|
    hahahaa how in the hell does that happen?
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    hahahaa how in the hell does that happen?
    I seem to recall reading about this one bored night in Wikipedia. It's the usual comics bullshit. It involved his ability to make others feel all of the pain they had caused others with a gaze attack. So I guess it figures Mr. I Eat Worlds had an Atlas Burden amplified into scientific notation.