Page 199 of 517 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 5170
  1. #1981
    Senior Rilvor's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alteir
    Posts
    1,199
    I for one find the Octopus to be an infinitely more fascinating animal.

  2. #1982
    That's me! Hewge's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Hewge
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,364
    Now all I can think about is XoPachi's artwork mixed with tentacles.

  3. #1983
    Senior Billy MT's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Monster Tamer Billy
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Pics, you say?! Here, have a whole bunch of otter: http://imgur.com/a/4IF7d
    You had pics made by Paolo and Ofuro, SO JELLY ;w;

    ...Hazama fanboy >:3

  4. #1984
    Senior Greg's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Greg Striata
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Papakura, New Zealand
    Gender
    He got the D
    Posts
    122
    I have become the epitome of furry sluts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    I don't even want to know what the fuck Greg's fursona is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    help me

  5. #1985
    Senior Rilvor's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alteir
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Octopi are some really cool motherfuckers. All the...stuff the varying species can do.
    They really are! They're fascinating and very intelligent creatures, so much so Edit: they are on the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986. There's so much more for us to learn about them on top of that.

    Did you know Octopuses is actually the correct word? English is a strange language. I would love to have one as a pet.
    Last edited by Rilvor; 04-02-2014 at 12:33 PM.

  6. #1986
    Premium User Krespo's Avatar


    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Did you know Octopuses is actually the correct word? English is a strange language. I would love to have one as a pet.
    English had to be that guy as usual.

    As cool as it'd be to have one as a pet, I have ethical issues with keeping something more intelligent than most humans in captivity.

  7. #1987
    Senior BrazenBull's Avatar
    Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    WNY
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    They really are! They're fascinating and very intelligent creatures, so much so Edit: they are on the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986. There's so much more for us to learn about them on top of that.

    Did you know Octopuses is actually the correct word? English is a strange language. I would love to have one as a pet.
    Yes, they are extraordinarily intelligent. I recall reading a piece by Jaron Lanier where he made the claim that the sole reason why cephalopods aren't the dominant life form on the planet is because they have no ability to pass down accumulated knowledge to the next generation. Their one evolutionary flaw. It almost makes me feel bad to make ceviche or cioppino!

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1988
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy MT View Post
    You had pics made by Paolo and Ofuro, SO JELLY ;w;

    ...Hazama fanboy >:3
    I'm not sure who Ofuro is. o.o But Paolo yeah, from like... holy hell over 4 years ago. I used to know a good friend of his, and it was shortly before he took a very long leave. I don't know either of them anymore, but it's a nice piece to have... especially the full version.

    Plus yes, I have the hots for Terumi. He's such a snappy dresser.

    On the discussion of octopuses, they're pretty awesome. We had a researcher at the aquarium who loved showing off the octopus he worked with, it seemed to remember people too.

  9. #1989
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazenBull View Post
    Yes, they are extraordinarily intelligent. I recall reading a piece by Jaron Lanier where he made the claim that the sole reason why cephalopods aren't the dominant life form on the planet is because they have no ability to pass down accumulated knowledge to the next generation. Their one evolutionary flaw. It almost makes me feel bad to make ceviche or cioppino!
    They also have fairly short life spans, which probably doesn't help their rise to power very much.

    There has been an aweful lot of octopus stuff going around lately, I wonder if it's related to there being a new "true facts about x" about the octopus recently. Or if it's just a coincidence.

    Or if it's preparation for this planet to get some new 8 legged overlords...
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

  10. #1990
    Senior BrazenBull's Avatar
    Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    WNY
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    They also have fairly short life spans, which probably doesn't help their rise to power very much.
    It's their lack of acquiring long term knowledge that keeps that lifespan short, I imagine. Also, I believe the females die right after their brood of eggs hatch. So that really sucks for them. HaHa.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •