Page 56 of 517 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    you know what the best part of having a job is? being able to use "get a job" as an insult/argument killer. and no, I DON'T bother to actually know if it fits or not. neither did anyone who used it on me BEFORE I was out of work.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Wow, what did I just read? Shame I stumbled across it so late!

Even with things how they are right now this forum is still inactive. Disappointing, but that's how websites go.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    And things won't become active again unless someone starts getting people going.

You can't just open up a forum and expect people to use it. You have to keep people coming.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #554
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Forum activity as of late has really picked up. It seems like for a while there was a dry spell but yeah, I'm seeing a lot of action. I think slowly but surely the forums will be as active as they were back when they had just been open for a few months. We're just gonna have to wait and see- I feel good about it, though.

Weasyl
    Levi
    The rate at which people have been posting lately meant that I was able to read all the new forum posts that I have missed in the past week due to work and other engagements that were more pressing (that is, an offline life). Now, I have only been here a week, and only started using the forums when quite a few other newcomers arrived, so just how "normal" the current activity is, I do not know and have to rely on what others say.

What I have seen in my own forums (and chat rooms as well) is that there can be an initial burst of activity when all is new and there is much to explore, but unless people make it part of their routine or simply enjoy it enough to keep coming back, then activity slacks off after a while. You work to retain what you can while acknowledging that there will be some you lose.

Now it's time to walk the dog, read, and (if I don't forget) go watch a performance of Messiah.
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    All the same, I have good reason to be watching this forum with greater regularity. Here's to hoping recent events and arrivals sees great changes. Some folks that are new I am hoping won't be inclined to take the same approach here they took in past domains. Starting over from scratch can be refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    All the same, I have good reason to be watching this forum with greater regularity. Here's to hoping recent events and arrivals sees great changes. Some folks that are new I am hoping won't be inclined to take the same approach here they took in past domains. Starting over from scratch can be refreshing.
    I always liked the way you thought Rilvor.

Where is that sig from btw?

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by WellZombie View Post
    I always liked the way you thought Rilvor.

Where is that sig from btw?
    I appreciate the compliment.

The picture with the adorable little ghostly goblin there? I'll be honest with you, it must be from a Pokemon spinoff game I haven't played. But Sableye is one of my favorites, and that animation is just too creepy-adorable to pass up having sit there for a while.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Well, one thing they could do to make the forum bigger is by expanding the side and making it full-page.

AND PROMOTE LOVE.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I appreciate the compliment.

The picture with the adorable little ghostly goblin there? I'll be honest with you, it must be from a Pokemon spinoff game I haven't played. But Sableye is one of my favorites, and that animation is just too creepy-adorable to pass up having sit there for a while.
    That gif is from pokemon battle revolution. It's one of the lesser played pokemon games (and kind of for good reason), but the animations were top notch for a lot of the pokemon in it as you can see.

/mini-info-Tosh

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    Well, one thing they could do to make the forum bigger is by expanding the side and making it full-page.

AND PROMOTE LOVE.
    Or make a comics thread.