Page 300 of 517 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 5170

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    For the record Portal 1 blew me away on account of NOT knowing the computer was batshit insane and sentient from the start.

Aaaand now the car got T-boned by a moving truck.

Grams is of the mind that it happened because my little sister is agnostic, and should have believed in God.

This is gonna be a fun few weeks.

Weasyl
    Dreamline
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousL View Post
    Aaaand now the car got T-boned by a moving truck.

Grams is of the mind that it happened because my little sister is agnostic, and should have believed in God.

This is gonna be a fun few weeks.

That... that sucks. :< You have my condolences.

So if it's alright to ask, why do you have a crazy old lady staying at your house? (I'm assuming that's who you were wanting to punch earlier, and probably still do)
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

This lady is my grandmother, and the person responsible for raising me. She is here because my mom got carted back to the hospital due to a misdiagnosis, and had to go into surgery. She's here because she's worried about her baby girl.

She has promptly declared us beneath her and not allowed to know anything the doctors said, declared us heathens due to us not going to church, went on a tirade on how gays are ruining the country, and loudly complained about people of other races in front of the kindly nurses of said races.

Fun times.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and she keeps making weight comments.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousL View Post
    This lady is my grandmother, and the person responsible for raising me. She is here because my mom got carted back to the hospital due to a misdiagnosis, and had to go into surgery. She's here because she's worried about her baby girl.

She has promptly declared us beneath her and not allowed to know anything the doctors said, declared us heathens due to us not going to church, went on a tirade on how gays are ruining the country, and loudly complained about people of other races in front of the kindly nurses of said races.

Fun times.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and she keeps making weight comments.
    The phrase "shut down and tune out" seems applicable here.
    However, in regards to withholding information from you about your mother, you should raise an ever loving fucking stink over it.. Because No. That is not fucking alright. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that there are certain occasions where it is acceptable to throw down uncensored words and emotion without regard; consequences be damned. In the case of someone withholding medical information about your mother, while rubbing it in your face because of your beliefs, is one of those times.

I would not drop it. I would refuse to do anything in any way and throw a wrench into every aspect of her life until she realizes that there's no other way out than to inform you properly.

Alternatively, you should ask the nurses/doctors for info, explaining the situation with your grandmother. If you're family, then it gives you some swing on what answers you can get. This isn't quite the case of a non-family member getting shafted on informed consent (or whatever the technical term is for being able to gain insight on a loved one's medical condition.

Oh and if she tries to stop you from leaving the waiting room/where ever from asking, then tell her to bug-off.
    Same goes if you're not actually in the hospital and instead need to gain access to a phone to call and ask.
    Last edited by RedSavage; 06-22-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Woo, 21. \o/

Grats!

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I'm home alone for a few days...

What do