Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Cat on the Block

New Cat on the Block

Hello, my name is Coffee the Cat, and I'm a caffine addict...

Oh, wrong forum.

Well, yes, I am an artist.

I like rocks. And pokemon. And making stuff with rocks.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    Can you make pokemon out of rocks?

geodude doesn't count

Generally, no, I cannot create life. I swear to drunk, I'm not God!

In theory though, I could make a doll out of rocks, and abuse it really badly, and it would come to life as a Banett though.

Also, there are many fine rock types other than geodude. Such as onyx, or roggenrola for example. Furthermore, since metals are derived from rocks, steel types are made of rocks too, and since rocks are made from the minerals of the earth, ground types might also be said to be made of rocks. But sableye with those crystline eyes tho too... hmm

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    the line between ground type and rock type was always really confusing to me growing up. Like, ok, rocks are rocks, but are ground types made of ground? or do they live in the ground? and isn't the ground just broken-up rocks? I hope diglette's not some weird balloon filled with sand. I'm pretty sure garchomp doesn't live in the dirt neither.

One way to look at it: Ground types are sedementary. Rock types are metamorphic. Igneous are fire types (slugma). Except when they're metallic, which is steel.

Another way to see it: Ground includes desert spirits and burrowing animals (I'm pretty sure garchomp is supposed to be a sand shark, which burrows in the sand on the ocean floor to ambush prey), where as pokemon which are more mineral than animal (all biological life contains some minerals, but we're talking extremes here) are rock types.

Weasyl
    Skylar_Husky
    A Rock hound...er...kitty... *LOL*
    Cool. I like to collect rock sand minerals too.

Welcome to Weasyl Forums.