Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Banner ads?

Banner ads?

Let's be honest, nobody really likes ads. We might admire the artistry of a few, and there are things we do want to know about, but at best, advertising tends to be regarded as a necessary evil.

So, having said that, why stick ads on Weasyl? Because they are a very effective way to let people know you exist, and they would be an additional source of revenue to help keep Weasyl going. Obviously, you would need some guidelines about content, and you'd want to use the same rating system as other content on the site, but if you could make that would, it would seem to be a very useful addition to the site.

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    So long as ads remain generated by the user base and not fucking google ads, I don't see a problem. The main reason is obviously site revenue for maintenance and whatnot, but if we do it in a way that benefits users it could be a good thing all round.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Weasyl
    oly
    I fully support userbase adverts. I'd buy one.

Weasyl
    Flygon
    If I may ask, what is considered userbase? Advertising towards Weasyl-only subsites? Or projects hosted by Weasyl community members?

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    If I may ask, what is considered userbase? Advertising towards Weasyl-only subsites? Or projects hosted by Weasyl community members?
    Ads submitted by users to promote themselves or their creations, or ads from Weasyl itself to promote events. So long as it remains oriented with Weasyl either is fine.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    Last I heard:

Community advertising: Eventually. No timeframe set.
    Third party advertising: No.

We're definitely aware that it's a feature of interest to some of our users though!