My spirit felt embiggened to post here

Hi everybody. I actually joined the site last year (mustelids are some of my favorite animals, so I had to join a site called Weasyl, lol) and am just now posting here.

I admit to registering because I wanted a separate account for my mature sketchwork, although I actually have more clean art (elsewhere). As for subject matter, I love anthro and fan art. I'm mostly interested in older/or more obscure cartoons and supporting characters, especially if they're despised by much of the fanbase. XD I'm hoping to maybe get to know some new people, and pointers on my art are always a bonus.

What else? Well, I'm a cinephile as well as a bibliophile, and love to write in my spare time.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Hello, unicorn! I'm a bibliophile, too! I mostly read manga and supernatural romance stories though. What about you?
    Don't be afraid to post around.
    Have a great time!
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Boy, the week really got away from me... But anywho, it's really good to meet you, Agitho! Thank you for the welcome. It's always awesome to run into another bookworm. To answer your question, I try to be versatile with my literary tastes, but I really love fantasy, history (historical fiction or the real deal), true crime, thrillers, and animals.

Thank you, I will!

Weasyl
    Skylar_Husky
    I was hoping for a Jebediah Springfield image since you said "embiggened." I love that program. The older episodes really had a lot of talent in writing them. Welcome to Weasyl Forums. I am a guy who likes movies too. I probably have between 300 and 400 in a bookcase.

Would you settle for Mrs. Krabapple instead? XD Yeah, the older episodes are amazing. It's too bad the show couldn't go out on high note. It's been running on fumes for some odd years now, IMHO.

Thank you for the welcome! Wow, that's an impressive movie collection you have there! What are your favorite genres?

BTW, I love your avatar. That dog looks so disgruntled, lol.

Weasyl
    Skylar_Husky
    I would like to handle your response in pieces since each piece is a different part of a whole and each deserves its own attention.

Quote Originally Posted by UnicornAfterDark View Post
    Would you settle for Mrs. Krabapple instead? XD Yeah, the older episodes are amazing. It's too bad the show couldn't go out on high note. It's been running on fumes for some odd years now, IMHO.
    Mrs. Krabapple is fine. I have always laughed at her very flat, dead-pan single "ha" laugh.
    The newer ones are okay, but it is obvious that the writers are running out of gas. The series is pushing into 30 years old though. Not many TV programs last that long. It seems more creativity and time is devoted to over-the-top couch gags and silly jokes snuck in than just trying to be funny overall. I do like having the remote handy to roll back and look at billboards, signs and brands. There are people on that program that are like me and laugh at the brand names that are given to things and make fun of them in the margins of the show all the time. The newer computer drawn episodes though have lost that character and crudeness that were inherent when they were hand-drawn. They have also really modernized with Bart and Lisa seeing various Psychiatrists and so forth. It is a mess and it is sad.

I think the cream of the crop episodes were from season 3 to about season 9. In there was my favorite episode where Homer becomes "the Beer Baron." Other good episodes in this period were when Flanders commits himself to the loony bin and Homer eats a Guatamalan insanity chili and sees a coyote voiced by Johnny Cash.

Thank you for the welcome! Wow, that's an impressive movie collection you have there! What are your favorite genres?
    In about 2009 or so I got really bent out of shape with the cable company in my city and just gave up TV. They kept pulling channels I was currently paying for and putting them in upper tier programming to get even more money. But when they would not replace all the rusted, corroded connections in their cabinet at my apartment complex, I drew the line in the sand over that. The panel was torn open during Hurricane Ike and everything rusted. Every time it rained the signal went snowy and it would take days to return to normal. It affected my internet as well. It finally pissed me off for the last time and I took my cable box in and shut off service.

I went from having middle tier cable to nothing. My TV's are not digital and I am not replacing them until they can no longer work. So I was not even tuning in the local channels. So instead of spending the $90.00 per month on cable, I joined video clubs and filled out my collections rather well. For the most part I collect nearly all manner of Science Fiction. I also like Horror. I have a goal of filling out all my 1980's TV show collections too. I grew up watching TV in the 1980's and I miss it.

BTW, I love your avatar. That dog looks so disgruntled, lol.
    Thanks. I wish I knew who took it and why. I did a search of "Angry Husky Pictures" and it came up. It looks like the husky is in a shelter. I have cropped the photo but a man's hand is on his back and goes off to the left in the picture. It would be my guess he or she was not a happy dog when the picture was taken. It made me laugh out loud so I adopted it.