Weasyl
    GlaringFeline

Sewing Tips and Resources Thread

I feel that the opening of this section of the forum calls for the token resources thread, so let's do it.

Six basic hand-stitches
    Ten hand-embroidery stitches
    Pattern-Creating Tutorial
    Last edited by GlaringFeline; 10-20-2016 at 02:01 AM.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    I've made my own pattern once when making my own plushie. What I did was look at existing patterns that had the rough shape of what I was looking for. After that, it's mostly mashing instructions together.
    For example, I made a mushroom child from Dark Souls by combining the instructions for a robot plushie and a saucer accessory that went with a cat plushie. I had to work out measurements myself as far as how tall I wanted it, but with crocheting, that's easy enough.
    It's important to write down the combined instructions as you go along so you can refer to them later if you want to make the project again.
    Also, I've only been crocheting for about three years, so, no, you don't need a lot of experience to make your own patterns. It's fine to use a pattern as a base as long as something original comes from it.
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Agitoho View Post
    I've made my own pattern once when making my own plushie. What I did was look at existing patterns that had the rough shape of what I was looking for. After that, it's mostly mashing instructions together.
    For example, I made a mushroom child from Dark Souls by combining the instructions for a robot plushie and a saucer accessory that went with a cat plushie. I had to work out measurements myself as far as how tall I wanted it, but with crocheting, that's easy enough.
    It's important to write down the combined instructions as you go along so you can refer to them later if you want to make the project again.
    Also, I've only been crocheting for about three years, so, no, you don't need a lot of experience to make your own patterns. It's fine to use a pattern as a base as long as something original comes from it.
    That's a pretty neat method! For me, I always sketch out the shape of what I want and little pieces like pieces to add detail to paws and to make muzzles thicker I cut out as I go since I struggle with measuring how long those should be.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    So, it's been over half a year and this thread is pretty barren. I found some sewing resources that I think will be pretty helpful, The links will be in the original post shortly.

I find that i injure myself too much when hand sewing

Need a thimble