Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    So far, not too bad. However it sure seems like recently when I push forward in a situation I regress further back. Good things take time, though!

Hope the rest of you are doing well. <3

Weasyl
    kynliod
    One step forward, two steps back? =/ I feel that way a lot with my art. I've been a little discouraged with it lately, feeling like it's not up to par. I think there's something healthy in a little bit of self doubt (after all, why try harder if we think we're great, right?), but sometimes I let it get the better of me and get stymied by it. Trying to push through all that though. I'm doing an intense 30 day art improvement challenge right now, trying to give myself a little boost. It's this one: http://pencilcat.tumblr.com/post/274...ment-challenge

ahhhh well i just found out about this forum today so that's a bit of a plus
    i'm almost done w/ all culminating assignments at school which means i get to devote some time to drawing on the weekend
    UM what else what else
    idk it's just school and trying to be organized
    not much different from last year
    also major question: is this forum active? i've been trying to find an active forum after leaving a k-pop one l0l OTL
    ah i started watching the first ep. to one of my fave YA series; it's uh ... pretty ... terrible though
    however i'm still going to watch it because i really like the casting :3
    that is all!

Weasyl
    kynliod
    This forum isn't super active. There are a few posts a day, maybe? Sounds like your year is going well so far! =)

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    well let's see here, i found out i like MLP and im a Therian, well that's the good side, well that and i got a art class and made some new friends, bad side is that im already at ends with my parents and people keep mistakeing my star of david for a pentagram...
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    kynliod
    Really? The Star of David looks nothing like a pentagram... Sorry things aren't so good with your folks right now. =/

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kynliod View Post
    One step forward, two steps back? =/ I feel that way a lot with my art. I've been a little discouraged with it lately, feeling like it's not up to par. I think there's something healthy in a little bit of self doubt (after all, why try harder if we think we're great, right?), but sometimes I let it get the better of me and get stymied by it. Trying to push through all that though. I'm doing an intense 30 day art improvement challenge right now, trying to give myself a little boost. It's this one: http://pencilcat.tumblr.com/post/274...ment-challenge
    Oh, so that's the challenge you've been doing in your sketchbook! Gosh, some of those actually look really tough.. especially if you're doing it everyday. Kudos to sticking with it, Kynliod! From someone looking in, I've not felt that your work hasn't been up to par with your earlier stuff, rather it's nice to see how much you're testing new waters and seeing what you're capable of when not using a direct photo reference. I do agree so much with the bolded, however!

A bit of a random note, but PencilCat's work is just delicious! I've seen 'em quite a number of times on FlightRising before, their dragon draws are always so regal looking.

Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    This year is going alright so far; I feel that my art has already improved from what it was last year. My story, The Lesser of Two Evils is finally in the writing stages; two years of planning is going into this so I hope it's tolerable at least. Me and my older sister went to a health/fitness meetup with a local anime group we're a part of and I'm hoping to stick to the plan we were given; I want to lose some of my fat weight and gain some of it back in muscle weight. I don't want to be the Hulk by any stretch, but I want my body to be powerful and healthy.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    kynliod
    Thanks, Moogle! The challenge is proving to be very revealing and instructive. I'm seeing what areas I really need to put a little more work into. In a way it feels like a skills analysis or something. LOL!

GlaringFeline, good luck with your story! =) Will it be strictly writing, or will it be illustrated/comic book type of thing?

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by kynliod View Post
    GlaringFeline, good luck with your story! =) Will it be strictly writing, or will it be illustrated/comic book type of thing?
    Thank you! Right now it's strictly writing, but I do want to make it into a comic when I'm skilled enough to.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-