Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Agitoho

Obligatory 2016 Resolution Thread

So, let's share resolutions...and then come back in, say, six months and remorse over the fact we've only done two things off a 32 item list =D

I'm gonna try to stay on schedule more and produce more work. I'm gonna post in new places and try new artsy things. I think I'd like to try to be more outgoing (for me, making this thread is a good start).

I wanna get more spiritual, get to know my personal pantheon more.

Oh, and I'm totally gonna lose more weight!

So, what are your goals for this year?
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Weasyl
    Brachyurus
    Mine are kind of similar: To produce more art on a regular basis, improve my style, and be more social and less prudish.
    = FA \\ Weasyl || dA || Tumblr // Twitter =
    Few can achieve greatness - and none in art - if they are not dominated by illusion.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    I know it's incredibly stereotypical, but I think my new years resolution will be to exercise a bit. Not to lose weight, because I don't have too much to give - but so I can maybe be a little less tired and emaciated. I just wanna try and do some pushups and running a few times a week to start.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    -Lose about 40 lbs or get back to my football weight/shape
    -Draw more and start my comic
    -Meet new people or get to know people better
    -Get a new job
    -Remodel my kitchen
    -Play softball/win a softball game
    -Save Princess Peach

Weasyl
    folffairport
    This isn't 1773 where 90% of your kids died and pretty much everything and anything could kill you for lack of medical knowledge, technology, etc and people lived to like 29 at the most unless they were one of the rare cases that came to twice that age. Therefore, it is my personal opinion that celebrating a new year as if it's some sort of magical blessing from the lord himself is stupid, as are 'resolutions.' If one wishes to 'self-improved' they simply do it. They don't need false promises that don't accomplish something because the earth is, as it has been for a few billion years, continuously revolving.

Weasyl
    kynliod
    Wow, looks like some similar resolutions here, since mine are to work harder at my drawing and waste less time, make some progress on my comicbook story, and manage my time better because this year is going to be outrageously busy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by folffairport View Post
    This isn't 1773 where 90% of your kids died and pretty much everything and anything could kill you for lack of medical knowledge, technology, etc and people lived to like 29 at the most unless they were one of the rare cases that came to twice that age. Therefore, it is my personal opinion that celebrating a new year as if it's some sort of magical blessing from the lord himself is stupid, as are 'resolutions.' If one wishes to 'self-improved' they simply do it. They don't need false promises that don't accomplish something because the earth is, as it has been for a few billion years, continuously revolving.
    What's your point? If you don't like resolutions, go post somewhere else. Preachy soapboxing is stupid and serves no purpose other than to make you feel like your somehow better than everyone else. Good for you.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by folffairport View Post
    Looks like someone tries to be edgy.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Eh now, no reason to take this thread or the New years too seriously.
    For most people, it's a reminder to step outside of autopilot and reflect on life.

Anyways I've been doing pretty well with my previous resolutions, and continue them.

.) Cursing less. I swear casually too much and it's unnecessary.
    .) Slowing down on drinking. Not an alcoholic, but I spend too much on good liquor.
    .) Reading more. I have a decent sized library, more than half of which I haven't even read.
    .) Culling relationships. Can't keep up with everyone, and I don't relate with most people.
    .) Working with family again. Bit personal but I think most of you get the idea.
    .) Giving my pit bull more attention. Either he whines too much or I neglect him sometimes?

That's a good chunk of my so called "list".
    While progress is slow, it's nice and steady.

Hope you guys had great holidays,
    and cheers to the new year.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Oh boy, I'm always so bad at keeping resolutions! I think having something simple might be a good start, and maybe add onto it during the year. :3

-Draw more
    -GET A JOB
    -Be more social offline

Quote Originally Posted by Kurk2288 View Post
    .) Slowing down on drinking. Not an alcoholic, but I spend too much on good liquor.
    .) Working with family again. Bit personal but I think most of you get the idea.
    I wish you good luck on all your resolutions, but especially these two! Seems like the family one will be tough pickles, just be sure to stick through it till the very end. I'm sure you'll be on good terms with them eventually.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    I used to set New Year's resolutions, but I came to the conclusion that self-improvement should be all-year-round. I don't believe that New Year's should be the only reason to want to improve upon oneself, I believe the reason to improve should be because you want to.

Anywho, general improvements I want to make are:

- Make art more regularly and improve it
    - Try to at least keep my weight healthy, bonus brownie points if I can get fit
    - Keep my living space cleaner
    - Keep up with schoolwork

I've already started doing a mass cleaning of my bedroom and my downstairs desk is next, I just hope I can keep them clean. My weight, I've been careful with what I eat but I've lost the motivation to exercise lately. My art, my activity has constantly fluctuated, I'm just hoping that it can become more steady this year.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-