Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Anyone like to read?

Weasyl
    Sassafras
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    I've been reading the Warriors books by Erin Hunter since I've been in middle school and I want to finish up the Omen of the Stars series before I graduate this year. In my opinion, the writing is rather plain but it's more about the plot for me; it touches on some mature topics in a way that won't traumatize children reading it.

I want to start reading the Harry Potter books, the movies I've seen are pretty nice but the movies are always different from the books.
    I'm not a child but I felt a little traumatized by some of the stuff that happened in Warriors, lol. Those books are brutal!

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    I'm not a child but I felt a little traumatized by some of the stuff that happened in Warriors, lol. Those books are brutal!
    Yeah, they are! I meant the not traumatizing children comment as in: the writing really downplays what actually happened. When Tigerstar was killed, his death was absolutely brutal and I'm more than certain that his intestines were poking out, but that kind of detail is omitted from the books to keep them kid-friendly. There's also some lowkey incest. coughcoughPatchpelt and Willowpeltcoughcough
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Weasyl
    NovaCaine
    I'm not much of a reader. I try my best though when I have the time.
    Usually before bed.

When I was younger I used to read a ton of fantasy novels. My favorite author then was Mercedes Lackey (
    Valdemar Universe <3)

then I turned into a teen and read books by Nicholas Saparks xD

Today I read various different types of books. I'm guilty of judging a book by it's cover
    I also use an app called Wattpad from time to time, and enjoy reading the stories from various young independent young writers.
    I have a secret.​
    A dark, furry secret with big teeth.​
    Less a secret, really - more a wolf.

I really enjoy reading as well, mostly Scifi-Fantasy, mystery, fiction. I rarely read horror or non-fiction(unless I have to).
    I usually get them from the local library. Unless i really love the series or book.
    I'd have to say a few of my favorite's are:
    Laura Levine's Jaine Austen series
    R.A.Salvatore's Sellswords series
    J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series
    Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events
    Phillp Reeve's Larklight, Starcross,& Mothstorm
    REJECT FALSE ICONS!!!!

My work

My Icon is was made by DoodleF0X((on DeviantArt))