Post 333 soon, wanna make it special, what to do?

So I have this thing where any forum I join, I like to make posts of a certain number really count. The number 333 is especially significant to me because it's half of 666. I like to think of it as, if not the good number, the lesser evil. It's a cool number, 3 of a 3, 3 in a row, I like to think of it as my 42 because I pulled it out of my ass instead of someone's book. Originally I was going to post about Siren because 3:33 was an important number/time of day in the original game but the sequels don't seem to hold it in such high regard and I doubt anyone really gives a shit about Siren.

But, Siren is about a lot of things I think anyone can find interesting: disasters that wipe out huge populations, time travel, pre-destination and paradoxes, the literal definition of irony where trying to prevent an event turns out to cause it, the belief in gods from other planets and dimensions of reality, syncretism (religions founded on similarities between religions of different origin, Voodoo being one famous example, the Catholic element of Voodoo itself being syncretic to some extent), and the belief that the dead can return to life in some form other than as zombies. Not reincarnation necessarily, because it's not new life, just old life revived.

I'm leaning towards a disaster post. The Halifax explosion seems to be something that gets overlooked a lot when talking about man-made disasters, despite its historical significance and the fact that it took the twin bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki to knock it off the top of those rather morbid charts. It'd give me something to research anyway and that's what I want a special post to be, a researchpost. The best kind of effortpost.

But, I dunno, maybe people find temporal paradoxes and things like that more interesting. So I'm open to suggestions. Obviously I'll be a bit Sirent until 3:33 (actual forum time if I can help it!)

Weasyl
    N/A
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    not sure if b8 or serious.
    I pretty much have the same questions. I personally stopped Carreying about numbers about 23 third-years ago.
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 11-04-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    Halifax explosion was the best explosion of all time.
    C'MON VINCE, C'MON!!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    But, I dunno, maybe people find temporal paradoxes and things like that more interesting. So I'm open to suggestions. Obviously I'll be a bit Sirent until 3:33 (actual forum time if I can help it!)
    While the Halifax explosion would definitely be of historical (and therefore, temporal) interest, I find the whole idea of paradox fascinating. It pops up in fiction quite often, if you read the right books. Paradox... convolutions in time/space. Serendipity. Butterfly effect. Heh... read a short story about a time-travel agency that specialized in hunting. "Go back in time, shoot a T-Rex!" Twist to that story? Guy got his T-Rex, barfed, stepped off the approved path... stepped on a butterfly... and changed history. Personally, I have trouble with the idea, though I've heard Paradox explained by the multi-universe theory... that all possible "variations" exist all at the same time. So going back in time and killing Hitler would not change your timeline, it would simply result in a quantum event, the creation of a new timeline in which you killed Hitler. I even remember a story so convoluted, it proposed how a guy was both his father, his mother and the child he fathered and gave birth to. Yeah, very weird little story.

But yes, Halifax exploding would still be fun... just not as fun, I think.

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    N/A
    Hmmmfph... if you don't read. Need I say more?

And I think we have something new we could discuss, WolfBone. I don't think I need to tell you what that new thing is.