Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast

BerryBubbleBlast Sketchbook, 3D-models, and animations

"An artist who canít take constructive critique on their work is only hurting themselves and their potential.
    Conversely, and artist that canít communicate a critique in a constructive way isnít helping anybody."
    "It's perfectly fine to draw things any way you want. However you should always ask yourself; is it believable?"
    "You must be allowed to be a bit weird sometimes. Otherwise you're not normal."

Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast
    "An artist who canít take constructive critique on their work is only hurting themselves and their potential.
    Conversely, and artist that canít communicate a critique in a constructive way isnít helping anybody."
    "It's perfectly fine to draw things any way you want. However you should always ask yourself; is it believable?"

Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast

Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    I think, looking at it, I have two main thoughts. The first is that the first joint on the wing looks weird in the direction it bends. Like it goes forward where it should go back. Some slowmo videos of flying things probably can illustrate it better than I could
    https://youtu.be/Upq7LyhCGXE
    https://youtu.be/B1uY7_wdYOA

The other thing is that the eyes don't stand out very much so at first glance I couldn't really tell they were there. I guess that's more of a stylistic thing though. Also the feet seem a bit dainty for such a big ( and presumably heavy) creature.

But I mean otherwise it looks pretty cool to me. Nice work with it.

Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    I think, looking at it, I have two main thoughts. The first is that the first joint on the wing looks weird in the direction it bends. Like it goes forward where it should go back. Some slowmo videos of flying things probably can illustrate it better than I could
    https://youtu.be/Upq7LyhCGXE
    https://youtu.be/B1uY7_wdYOA

The other thing is that the eyes don't stand out very much so at first glance I couldn't really tell they were there. I guess that's more of a stylistic thing though. Also the feet seem a bit dainty for such a big ( and presumably heavy) creature.

But I mean otherwise it looks pretty cool to me. Nice work with it.
    Now that you mention it, the elbow does bend the wrong direction. Funny I never considered that when I first made it, even after watching a few slow-motion videos before it was finished. So yeah, the elbow should bend backward (or whichever is the more correct direction) rather than forward and I'll make sure to fix it before I make any more animations with this model.

The case with the eyes is because I was lazy with them I guess. I could fix them up a bit so they'll at least be noticeable. For the feet however I forgot to consider their size in relation to the whole body. I'll make sure to make them more appropriately sized for the next animation. Although I haven't completely decided how big the wyvern itself should be yet. It could have the body size of a giant elephant, a big crocodile, or a cat. Depending on the size I choose, I'll also have to change how fast the wyvern beat its wings, as well as consider how believable it is for something so large (or small) to be able to lift its own body weight with said wings. The animation above might suggest it's quite large at the moment, but I'm strongly considering making it smaller. Or at least small/big enough to justify those giant wings. I guess I should take some time to actually study bats and other birds before I proceed too far into this.

Thanks for the feedback Noxid, I appreciate it! I'll make sure to look into the things you pointed out and improve my model for next time.

Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast

Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast

Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast

Weasyl
    BerryBubbleBlast